• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 35

    Christian Theology - Thread: The Torah convict the world of sin.

    1. #11
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      amen

    2. #12
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      Technically it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a person when they read or hear the Law being read

      John 16:8-11
      8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

      https://biblehub.com/library/torrey/...oly_spirit.htm


      Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”


      But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

      12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”



      Amen,
      and thankyou for the contribution friend

    3. #13
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
      Yes....


      The Law has two main purposes:
      1. To convict all of sin, to crush and kill our pride, to show we desperately NEED mercy, forgiveness, rescuing.
      2. To reveal the will of God to His believing/justified/children - to show those saved how best to live.

      The first purpose relates to Justification (narrow), the second to Sanctification (narrow).
      Very concise josiah
      thankyou very much for the contribution friend

    4. Likes Josiah liked this post
    5. #14
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Apprentice Member
      71
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      220
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      852
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      2,258
      Level
      15
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.37%
      Rep Power
      75
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      It depends on how YOU are defining "Torah". You know very well that the Torah can encompass all of the Jewish traditions (oral and written) or it can just stand for the Law. So which is it?
      Torah is the first 5 books of Moses. Torah translates as law


      Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    6. #15
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      Torah is the first 5 books of Moses. Torah translates as law


      Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk
      personally ive always considered the first five books of Divine origins.
      Just something perhaps that is something more of a descriptor i disagree with when people say it is The law of mosheh(moses).

      A book of promises given and fulfilled by our Lord and savior has been closer to what ive Understood in the Spirit.
      yes we can read of mosheh in the first five books of the Torah(law).
      But if a person reads of what mosheh himself said,
      Devarim (The words...) (Deuteronomy)}5 The light shines in the darkness,
      and the darkness has not suppressed it.

      18;15
      The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
      Acts 3;22
      [B]“Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’[a]

      24 “Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. 25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’ 26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”


      https://biblehub.com/acts/3-22.htm

    7. Likes RichWh1 liked this post
    8. #16
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Apprentice Member
      71
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      220
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      852
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      2,258
      Level
      15
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.37%
      Rep Power
      75
      I agree. All Scripture is inspired and profitable. Moses received the Law (hatorah) from The Lord yes

      Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    9. #17
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      It depends on how YOU are defining "Torah". You know very well that the Torah can encompass all of the Jewish traditions (oral and written) or it can just stand for the Law. So which is it?
      I hope a few of my responses have given enough credence toward my personal perspective of Torah.
      If not i will gladly respond to any questions concerning such a perspective.

      When the Royal Torah is listen to, with ears first. With ears I learned to seek instruction. And with instruction I found confidence and strength within the Torah written on the heart.
      Was it not our savior that said two commands encompass and frame all the Torah and prophets.
      If so,
      Where would anyone find the Torah not to be whole.
      As Yeshua is the Head of the body.
      The many members of the body remind me of the whole of Torah.

      I didn't come to set terms sis.
      Just would like to have a conversation is all.

      Blessed be the Name.

    10. #18
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      (Hatorah shem tov shivah)
      I thought genesis is like a scroll of promises surrounded by books of memory.
      Like water to an altar.

      I've been known to wrong on occasion.

      If the Torah convicts the world of sin.

    11. #19
      RichWh1's Avatar
      RichWh1 is offline Apprentice Member
      71
      Single
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Tarpon Springs FL
      Posts
      220
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      852
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      2,258
      Level
      15
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.37%
      Rep Power
      75
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      Technically it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a person when they read or hear the Law being read

      John 16:8-11
      8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

      https://biblehub.com/library/torrey/...oly_spirit.htm
      Yes. The Law condemns us. The Spirit convicts us is sin

      Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk
      "Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1

    12. Likes Josiah liked this post
    13. #20
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      709
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      5,441
      CH Challenge
      53
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,411
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.02%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by RichWh1 View Post
      Yes. The Law condemns us. The Spirit convicts us is sin

      Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk
      Good morning and,
      Thankyou for the conversation in Christ.

      I would love to continue the dialog with so many blessings given by the Lord in the Holy Spirit.


      The law condemns?
      Are you referring to the letter of the law that kills?
      If so,
      Perhaps the letter that kills is the letter of divorce written.
      After all, many letters are written to the churches without mention of divorce.

      Just a thought€)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •