pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
All yes or no explanations are welcome.
Thankyou for any and all future contributions.

Blessings Always.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes....

The Law has two main purposes:
1. To convict all of sin, to crush and kill our pride, to show we desperately NEED mercy, forgiveness, rescuing.
2. To reveal the will of God to His believing/justified/children - to show those saved how best to live.

The first purpose relates to Justification (narrow), the second to Sanctification (narrow).

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
All yes or no explanations are welcome.
Thankyou for any and all future contributions.

Blessings Always.

It depends on how YOU are defining "Torah". You know very well that the Torah can encompass all of the Jewish traditions (oral and written) or it can just stand for the Law. So which is it?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Technically it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a person when they read or hear the Law being read

John 16:8-11
8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

https://biblehub.com/library/torrey...e_holy_spirit/chapter_vii_the_holy_spirit.htm

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It depends on how YOU are defining "Torah". You know very well that the Torah can encompass all of the Jewish traditions (oral and written) or it can just stand for the Law. So which is it?

i will give my thoughts at the altar of the Lord.
With praise to the Lord in thankfulness for all provision.

Give thanks to the Lord because He is good, for His kindness is eternal. אהוֹד֣וּ לַֽיהֹוָ֣ה כִּי־ט֑וֹב כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:
2Israel shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal." ביֹֽאמַר־נָ֥א יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:
3The house of Aaron shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal." גיֹאמְרוּ נָ֥א בֵּֽית־אַֽהֲרֹ֑ן כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:
4Those who fear the Lord shall now say, "For His kindness is eternal." דיֹ֣אמְרוּ נָ֖א יִרְאֵ֣י יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ:
5From the straits I called (?); (?) answered me with a vast expanse. המִן־הַ֖מֵּצַֽר קָרָ֣אתִי יָּ֑הּ עָ֜נָ֗נִי בַּמֶּרְחָ֣ב יָֽהּ:

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So then there is no need for a discussion board. :wink:

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i will give my thoughts at the altar of the Lord.

I saw how that worked on another board where you started the same discussion and it wasn't very pretty. It is upon you to provide definitions so that your fellow Christians will not be frustrated and have 20 pages of back and forth fruitless diatribe.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I saw how that worked on another board where you started the same discussion and it wasn't very pretty. It is upon you to provide definitions so that your fellow Christians will not be frustrated and have 20 pages of back and forth fruitless diatribe.
why would you speak such a way about fellow christians?

Definitions of what,
Torah(law)
What about the Royal Torah(law)
yakov(james 2

Then there are ordinances of Heaven(torah portions) which would be in a traditional calendrical order that can also be spoke of but is likely too difficult a subject for most posters here

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
why would you speak such a way about fellow christians?

Definitions of what,
Torah(law)
What about the Royal Torah(law)
yakov(james 2

Then there are ordinances of Heaven(torah portions) which would be in a traditional calendrical order that can also be spoke of but is likely too difficult a subject for most posters here

Don't deny that you caused a lot of confusion on another site with this same thread because of lack of good communication from the start.

This is your thread so it's your responsibility to communicate with us your terms properly defined as you believe them. Then good communication will flow instead of arguments.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Technically it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a person when they read or hear the Law being read

8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

https://biblehub.com/library/torrey...e_holy_spirit/chapter_vii_the_holy_spirit.htm

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Amen,
and thankyou for the contribution friend

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes....

The Law has two main purposes:
1. To convict all of sin, to crush and kill our pride, to show we desperately NEED mercy, forgiveness, rescuing.
2. To reveal the will of God to His believing/justified/children - to show those saved how best to live.

The first purpose relates to Justification (narrow), the second to Sanctification (narrow).

Very concise josiah
thankyou very much for the contribution friend

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Torah is the first 5 books of Moses. Torah translates as law

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Torah is the first 5 books of Moses. Torah translates as law

personally ive always considered the first five books of Divine origins.
Just something perhaps that is something more of a descriptor i disagree with when people say it is The law of mosheh(moses).

A book of promises given and fulfilled by our Lord and savior has been closer to what ive Understood in the Spirit.
yes we can read of mosheh in the first five books of the Torah(law).
But if a person reads of what mosheh himself said,
Devarim (The words...) (Deuteronomy)}5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not suppressed it.

18;15
The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
Acts 3;22
“Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’[a]

24 “Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. 25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’ 26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”

https://biblehub.com/acts/3-22.htm

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I agree. All Scripture is inspired and profitable. Moses received the Law (hatorah) from The Lord yes

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I hope a few of my responses have given enough credence toward my personal perspective of Torah.
If not i will gladly respond to any questions concerning such a perspective.

When the Royal Torah is listen to, with ears first. With ears I learned to seek instruction. And with instruction I found confidence and strength within the Torah written on the heart.
Was it not our savior that said two commands encompass and frame all the Torah and prophets.
If so,
Where would anyone find the Torah not to be whole.
As Yeshua is the Head of the body.
The many members of the body remind me of the whole of Torah.

I didn't come to set terms sis.
Just would like to have a conversation is all.

Blessed be the Name.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
(Hatorah shem tov shivah)
I thought genesis is like a scroll of promises surrounded by books of memory.
Like water to an altar.

I've been known to wrong on occasion.

If the Torah convicts the world of sin.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Yes. The Law condemns us. The Spirit convicts us is sin

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes. The Law condemns us. The Spirit convicts us is sin

Good morning and,
Thankyou for the conversation in Christ.

I would love to continue the dialog with so many blessings given by the Lord in the Holy Spirit.

The law condemns?
Are you referring to the letter of the law that kills?
If so,
Perhaps the letter that kills is the letter of divorce written.
After all, many letters are written to the churches without mention of divorce.

Just a thought€)

Top Bottom