Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt has lost its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It has become useless. It can only be thrown away and people will trample on it. You are the light of the world. A city built on a mountain cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and covers it; instead, it is put on a lamp stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, your light must shine before others, so that they may see the good you do, and praise your Father in heaven.

In any case, it would be impossible to renew, again, through penance, those who have once been enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and received the Holy Spirit, tasted the beauty of the word of God, and the wonders of the supernatural world. If, in spite of this, they have ceased to believe, and have fallen away, it is impossible to move them a second time to repentance, when they are crucifying, on their own ac count, the Son of God, and spurning him publicly. Soil that drinks the rain falling continually on it and produces profitable grass for those who till it, receives the blessings of God, but the soil that produces thorns and bushes is poor soil, and in danger of being cursed. In the end, it will be burned.

I was wondering as I read Hebrews today and the gospel according to saint Matthew if the salt that loses its saltiness is the same kind of thing that Hebrews describes as those who have once been enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and received the Holy Spirit, tasted the beauty of the word of God, and the wonders of the supernatural world. If, in spite of this, they have ceased to believe, and have fallen away, it is impossible to move them a second time to repentance, when they are crucifying, on their own ac count, the Son of God, and spurning him publicly

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I hate to point it out but in reality salt cannot lose its saltiness.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
11]No meal offering that you sacrifice to the Lord shall be made [out of anything] leavened. For you shall not cause to [go up in] smoke any leavening or any honey, [as] a fire offering to the Lord;
12][However,] you shall bring them as a first [fruit] offering to the Lord; nevertheless, they shall not go up on the altar as a pleasing fragrance to the Lord.

13]And you shall salt every one of your meal offering sacrifices with salt, and you shall not omit the salt of your God's covenant from [being placed] upon your meal offerings. You shall offer salt on all your sacrifices.

So nothing of leaven nor honey as a fire offering of fragrance?
Would this be something about prayers perhaps.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I hate to point it out but in reality salt cannot lose its saltiness.
However if it does then it is worthless.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just as a Saint that has fallen from the hand of the God is worthless ... and also something that cannot happen.(John 10:29)
:)

Top Bottom