Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I noticed that there are about 12 people shoot in PIttsburgh at a Tree of Life Congregation in PIttsburgh. I think we should all pray for those involved and their families.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes last I heard 7 dead, it is terrible.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I saw the headlines but haven't had a moment to read up on what happened. Prayers for them!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
:( Praying for them! :pray:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Last night I heard 11 dead and others wounded. Praying for the familes and the worshippers who are so affected by this and Lord let not this nation become numb to these horrible acts and may we always turn to you for solace

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Last night I heard 11 dead and others wounded. Praying for the familes and the worshippers who are so affected by this and Lord let not this nation become numb to these horrible acts and may we always turn to you for solace
I'm very much against any conspiracy theories but some things just don't make sense. How could they not have had any security on duty and yet 3 offices were dead. I'm posting not having seen on CNN but a bit of what happened.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Of course, this is a HORRIBLE sin and crime ....

Yes, PART of the problem is mental illness.... PART of the problem is the lack of civility where differences of opinion exist.... PART of the problem is the disrespect for life. The press will focus entirely on the second point - especially if the horrible criminal can be portrayed as a conservative.

But I think the lack of respect for LIFE is also a contributor to these situations. The same press that will condemn what this horrible monster did in that Synogogue will defend the over 1 MILLION unborn babies legally killed in the country every year (nearly all paid for by the American taxpayer)... they will passionately defend such being wonderful for ANY reason at all ("it's a girl..... I don't like babies....." any and all and every reason or a complete lack of any reason at all)... the same people who will so passionately defend abortion right up to the moment when the last bit of the last toe exits the birth canal (99% of the baby already out)... and the same people who defend killing an old person with a serious disease. IMO, as long as our country and our society so powerfully promotes death and killing, there will be those who learn the lesson - and act accordingly.

Don't misunderstand me! I am NOT - in any way whatsoever - defending this horrible monster or what he did! I'm just pointing out the hypocray of a society condemning SOME killings of innocent peoples but so passionately supporting others. The problem we have with Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy and Reason being shot.... with all those Republican congressmen being shot as they played softball.... with the guy who may have tried to bomb several liberal politicians.... with this monster who killed many at this syngogue... is not JUST mental illness unaddressed or a complete lack of civility where differences exist.... it's a profound lack of respect for human life. We are not going to address that if our society so passionately disrespects human life. We need to address the mental illness issue... the civility issue... and whether life is to be respected or if it can be killed for any or no reason at all.

Top Bottom