Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Many, probably over 90%, of the "caravan" people are Catholic Christians. They are God's children.

How do you know?
I have heard all sorts of “guesses” and rumors about who they are, so I was wondering where you obtained reliable specific data on the people involved.

Was the man interviewed who had been deported once already because he was a suspected murderer a Catholic Christian?

What about the man in the crowd throwing gang signs for the camera?

I question your 90% Christian statistic.
Why have they refused Mexico’s offer for papers and work?
Why are they being paid to come to America?
Why are they burning American flags as they march towards the US border carrying a Honduran Flag?

I doubt their “refugee” status.
I question their motives.

Australia is welcome to offer them asylum.
The US Military can probably transport them for you as part of a UN humanitarian mission.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How do you know?
I don't know. 90% was an estimate. That is why I wrote "probably over 90%". The estimate is based on post entry statistics relating to "undocumented Hispanic aliens" (some people call them "illegal aliens" and a few call them "an invasion force").
I have heard all sorts of “guesses” and rumors about who they are, so I was wondering where you obtained reliable specific data on the people involved.

Was the man interviewed who had been deported once already because he was a suspected murderer a Catholic Christian?
A murderer, possibly he is not a Catholic and possibly he is not a Christian, equally possible he may be a penitent convert to Christ. I do not know. I didn't see the interview. Do you have a link for it?
What about the man in the crowd throwing gang signs for the camera?

I question your 90% Christian statistic.
Why have they refused Mexico’s offer for papers and work?
Why are they being paid to come to America?
Why are they burning American flags as they march towards the US border carrying a Honduran Flag?
I don't pretend to answer such questions. I have no idea why they walked as far as they have and intend to walk another thousand miles. Maybe they do it because they want to go to a country where they feel safe and where there's opportunity to make a good life.
I doubt their “refugee” status.
I question their motives.

Australia is welcome to offer them asylum.
The US Military can probably transport them for you as part of a UN humanitarian mission.

Send a letter to the Australian government if you think it's a good way to deal with the "caravan". Who knows what reply you may receive; surprise yourself.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"The Lord was speaking in the passage you referred to in Obadiah to the enemies of Israel and how they were treating them when they went into exile." that's right. "It isn't the same at all." That's wrong. The lesson to learn is that God holds guilty those who harass refugees and those who mistreat them when they are in distress.

How is asking people to respect our laws mistreating people?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. 90% was an estimate. That is why I wrote "probably over 90%". The estimate is based on post entry statistics relating to "undocumented Hispanic aliens" (some people call them "illegal aliens" and a few call them "an invasion force"). A murderer, possibly he is not a Catholic and possibly he is not a Christian, equally possible he may be a penitent convert to Christ. I do not know. I didn't see the interview. Do you have a link for it? I don't pretend to answer such questions. I have no idea why they walked as far as they have and intend to walk another thousand miles. Maybe they do it because they want to go to a country where they feel safe and where there's opportunity to make a good life.

Send a letter to the Australian government if you think it's a good way to deal with the "caravan". Who knows what reply you may receive; surprise yourself.
Better yet, you, an Australian citizen, send a letter to your leaders in Canberra and plead with them to do the humanitarian thing and bring the Caravan to your door so you might care for them. You seem like a loving chap. Hop to it and let us know your governments response. [emoji16]

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Better yet, you, an Australian citizen, send a letter to your leaders in Canberra and plead with them to do the humanitarian thing and bring the Caravan to your door so you might care for them. You seem like a loving chap. Hop to it and let us know your governments response. [emoji16]
Yes you could greet them with roo stew:lol:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Even in this thread no one really wants an invasion of migrants because they're being offered up to other countries instead of inviting them to your own countries. :p

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Even in this thread no one really wants an invasion of migrants because they're being offered up to other countries instead of inviting them to your own countries. :p

I am quite content with all of the legal immigrants that live in my neighborhood and work where I work and attend the same church that I attend. All of them followed the alternative procedure of applying for a visa and arriving in the US by airplane. Many of them have taken the additional step of obtaining legal US citizenship.

None of them are members of a Drug Cartel looking to expand operations in US Cities. None of them entered illegally. None of them require a sanctuary city to protect them from enforcement of US laws.

A mass of people looking to charge across the US Border to deliberately violate US law and enter the country without any record of who they are or where they are from is not a group of people I want living in my neighborhood, working in my office and are unlikely to have any interest in worshiping God in my church. We have enough criminals and gangs without importing more of either.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's sad how they are putting their kids in so much danger when they could simply enter in legally, get a legit job and afford housing and food... I am a bit dumbfounded on how they plan to house and feed themselves if they cross illegally with no authority and therefore no legal right to government aid and welfare.
I mean I would help if I could but there is already homelessness in our cities that we aren't able to solve.
Paul would tell them to respect authority and pay taxes because the government needs to get paid too and that lawlessness will be punished but by following the law you will be taken care of.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's sad how they are putting their kids in so much danger when they could simply enter in legally, get a legit job and afford housing and food... I am a bit dumbfounded on how they plan to house and feed themselves if they cross illegally with no authority and therefore no legal right to government aid and welfare.
Why, you take care of them, don't cha know?? ;) The taxpayers provide the following (partial list):

Emergency room medical treatment under Medicaid

Immunizations for immunizable diseases and testing for and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases

Short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief

Programs, services, or assistance that deliver in-kind services at the community level that are Emergency medical treatment

Access to soup kitchens, crisis counseling and intervention, short-term shelter, mental health services, and child and adult protective services

Eligibility for fishing and hunting licenses

Free public education for grades K-12

Federally subsidized school lunch and school breakfast programs

Unauthorized immigrants are eligible for the following nutrition assistance programs:
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Summer Food Service program
Special Milk program
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

And in most states, illegal immigrants also receive welfare benefits because, although they are legally ineligible, staff seldom discriminate among needy applicants.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Why, you take care of them, don't cha know?? ;) The taxpayers provide the following (partial list):

Emergency room medical treatment under Medicaid

Immunizations for immunizable diseases and testing for and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases

Short-term, non-cash, in-kind emergency disaster relief

Programs, services, or assistance that deliver in-kind services at the community level that are Emergency medical treatment

Access to soup kitchens, crisis counseling and intervention, short-term shelter, mental health services, and child and adult protective services

Eligibility for fishing and hunting licenses

Free public education for grades K-12

Federally subsidized school lunch and school breakfast programs

Unauthorized immigrants are eligible for the following nutrition assistance programs:
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Summer Food Service program
Special Milk program
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

And in most states, illegal immigrants also receive welfare benefits because, although they are legally ineligible, staff seldom discriminate among needy applicants.
Sure...

;)

Top Bottom