Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Unemployment payments, Medicare, Medicaid, age pension, disability pension, use of roads, use of water, and such things is part of living in a western nation. It isn't an entitlement but it is a benefit that comes from living in a society that subscribes to western democratic ideals. I hope that such values - like feeding the hungry and housing the homeless - would be a human value practised by people and their elected governments all over the world though I know that right now it is not so.

It is not a government's main responsibility to help those outside their country first. The people of their own country must come first and then other countries second. If you neglect your own people then your country can easily become overrun and turned into a new country. That's not good government.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is not a government's main responsibility to help those outside their country first. The people of their own country must come first and then other countries second. If you neglect your own people then your country can easily become overrun and turned into a new country. That's not good government.
Exactly! To many and it erodes the very things they are coming here for

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

True...

And don't let the liberals cause folks to forget: the USA welcomes and embraces FAR MORE immigrants and refugies than any other country on the planet.... we currently have FAR MORE of them legally in the USA than there are people in Australia.

And don't let the liberals cause folks to forget: We have a very humane and easy PROCESS - the same one that virtually every other nation on the planet uses - for such persons. They all KNOW to go to their local US embassy or consulate and apply. Those legal applications are processed FIRST. Generally, those who enter illegally or who "crash" the boarder and just show up can be assumed to have a reason why they are NOT participating in the universal, humane legal process.

I'm very supportive of good people coming here.. and generally they are law abiding people. I'm opposed to the USA welcoming drug dealers, prostitutes, child molesters, criminals... I think it is appropriate for the USA to do as every other country does - vet the applications in a fair, legal, humane way. Good people who want to be Americans, support the USA and pursue the American dream (as my ancestors from Germany and Denmark did) I want to welcome with open arms.

I know, that makes me a radical, horrible, hateful, racist according to the left, the liberals, the US press....

- Josiah

Top Bottom