Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
News media is reporting over 5,000 migrants working their way through Mexico toward the US. They are carrying the Honduras flag and chanting...some things are anti-Trump rhetoric.

Who is feeding all those people? Where are they getting all the bottles of water I see them holding and thrown on the ground?

Among the group are people interviewed who said that they had been deported from the US numerous times but they didn't care, they were going back. So they admit they have no regard for the US laws. One guy said he was deported because he had traffic tickets...showing he did not care about our laws in other ways as well.

What is a country to do when a swarm of people intend to invade with no care of the laws? Even without carrying weapons the act alone is one of aggression.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
More should be done to help the countries to our south to deal with the corruption and violence, so people don't want to flee from it. It looks like many are willing to risk their lives to try and get here

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
More should be done to help the countries to our south to deal with the corruption and violence, so people don't want to flee from it. It looks like many are willing to risk their lives to try and get here
Turn them all into US colonies...[emoji39][emoji41]

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pretty much every country in the world does it the same way the USA does....

IF you want to come to the USA - for a visit, to work, to study ... for a few days or a lifetime.... you go to the local US embassy or consulate and apply for the required visa. The USA does this like virtually every other country, those that do this go to the front of the line, these applications are processed FIRST and rather quickly. I've personally done this several times myself.

IF one wants asylum to the USA (and the USA grants more than any other country on the planet) one can apply at ANY US embassy or consulate (not just the one in their home country). We even allow people to apply through embassies of the UK. These are handled FIRST and fairly quickly.

Just in case some may not know this is how it's done in virtually every country on the planet, the USA runs adds on radio throughout Mexico and Central America... giving the address of the closest US embassy or consulate.

Yet THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS ignore this.... and attempt to "crash" the boarders or simply to illegally cross them. In the case of the OP, they obviously hope the HUGE NUMBER will simply overwhelm the USA and create the political issue so big that they boarder officers will just step aside.

WHY do they circumvent the process of the USA and their own countries? Why do they ignore the legal process and the applications which are processed FIRST? Could it be because they are pretty sure there's something that will cause their legal application to be rejected???? Or??????

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree that they should not be allowed to cross the border but the humane thing might be to screen them while in Mexico to allow those with legiimite claims to enter. I dont know the solution but a wall that will cost billions certainly is not the answer as they will find ways around that as well.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If they enter in the lawless way then their intents are lawless plain and simple, this is complete anarchy and someone is funding it.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that they should not be allowed to cross the border but the humane thing might be to screen them while in Mexico to allow those with legiimite claims to enter. I dont know the solution but a wall that will cost billions certainly is not the answer as they will find ways around that as well.

See post #4.

What you seek as the "humane" thing is EXACTLY, precisely, what the USA asiks for... what virtually every other nation on the planet seeks... what probably 100% of these illegal people KNOW is what should be done - but they choose to violate it. Then sream about how "inhumane" the USA is being. And the American LEFT insists we stop - the very thing you say is the humane thing.... the very thing the USA currently does.... the very thing almost every other nation on the planet does. The LEFT is 'siding' with what you (rightly) regard as inhumane.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Everyone who deals with illegal entrants says the opposite. So think about this before just buying into the Liberal sloganeering.

IF it is true that a wall cannot stop, absolutely prevent, illegals from crossing, that does not mean that making it harder for them, or by channeling their crossing attempts, would not result in a substantial reduction of the problem and make it much easier for the border patrol to be effective by concentrating its efforts where it would matter. The places where a portion of the wall was erected in recent years proves this point.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Everyone who deals with illegal entrants says the opposite. So think about this before just buying into the Liberal sloganeering.

IF it is true that a wall cannot stop, absolutely prevent, illegals from crossing, that does not mean that making it harder for them, or by channeling their crossing attempts, would not result in a substantial reduction of the problem and make it much easier for the border patrol to be effective by concentrating its efforts where it would matter. The places where a portion of the wall was erected in recent years proves this point.
Ask Israel how hard it is as they deal with tunnels all the time and cant seem to stop the flow of enemies into Israel with patrolled borders

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ask Israel how hard it is as they deal with tunnels all the time and cant seem to stop the flow of enemies into Israel with patrolled borders

Ask Hungary, too, which has had success. We are on schedule to be overwhelmed, and that is solely because some Americans won't abide even the mildest of restraints on it.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I have seen them on the news. I don't understand the whole situation yet as I have not studied it well. I do feel sorry for some of them who genuinely want a better life and can't get it in their land of origin. Why they want to come to this country is beyond me. I don't find this such a great place to come to. Mass murders all the time, out of control people with guns all over, sexual slavery and trafficking. I'd like to find somewhere else to go, too! But I just stay in my little apt.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ask Hungary, too, which has had success. We are on schedule to be overwhelmed, and that is solely because some Americans won't abide even the mildest of restraints on it.
First of all I agree that these people should not be allowed in so lets understand that to that extent I am on your side. I just cant see spending 23 billion on a wall that will not work, there has to be a better use for that money such as a lot more border patrol and slapping Mexico with sanctions if they dont stop the flow of illegals

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What is a country to do when a swarm of people intend to invade with no care of the laws?

First the country needs to tone down the irrational verbiage about being invaded. What is in fact intended by the several thousand people is to enter the USA and reside therein. The group of people are not a swarm. People do not swarm. Bees do. These people are not bees.

Second the country might try processing the paperwork of the people seeking entry. If they have no paperwork worth processing then listening to their claims and testing them by proper and careful investigation might be a good idea.

Third the country could try welcoming them or if no one wants to welcome them then receive them, and deport them back to their homeland or to another country that is willing to receive them.

Of course there is likely to be a segment of the USA's population that will object to any solution so the last suggestion is to carry on with the insanely hyped rhetoric and run around like mentally defective people and shoot them all. Or shoot some of them. Or whatever extreme solution happens to be the current crazy hype suggested by Fox News.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
First the country needs to tone down the irrational verbiage about being invaded. What is in fact intended by the several thousand people is to enter the USA and reside therein. The group of people are not a swarm. People do not swarm. Bees do. These people are not bees.

Second the country might try processing the paperwork of the people seeking entry. If they have no paperwork worth processing then listening to their claims and testing them by proper and careful investigation might be a good idea.

Third the country could try welcoming them or if no one wants to welcome them then receive them, and deport them back to their homeland or to another country that is willing to receive them.

Of course there is likely to be a segment of the USA's population that will object to any solution so the last suggestion is to carry on with the insanely hyped rhetoric and run around like mentally defective people and shoot them all. Or shoot some of them. Or whatever extreme solution happens to be the current crazy hype suggested by Fox News.
I agree the rhetoric should be toned down but I also think these people showed their true colors by not accepting Mexicos offer of papers and work and instead have thrown rocks at the Mexican police and military. They should be stopped in any way that works and absolutely not be allowed in to our country, I have seen all I need to see and to suggest that we should pay to sed these people back when they did this to tjhemselves and refused offers of papers and work is rediculous. Let them find their own way back

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I agree the rhetoric should be toned down but I also think these people showed their true colors by not accepting Mexicos offer of papers and work and instead have thrown rocks at the Mexican police and military. They should be stopped in any way that works and absolutely not be allowed in to our country, I have seen all I need to see and to suggest that we should pay to sed these people back when they did this to tjhemselves and refused offers of papers and work is rediculous. Let them find their own way back

Well, brother Psalms 91, when the people arrive at the USA border and present their claims then the second response can be used to investigate the claims about what Mexico may or may not have offered and the use or not of rocks against officers of the Mexican police. It is usually necessary to investigate claims before accepting them, as so many fine public spirited Fox News viewers insisted be done for judge Kavanaugh. Test the claims to see if they are true. That is advice that comes from the bible. Saint Paul wrote it. He wrote "make sure of everything and hold fast to what is true". That is good advice even for a Fox News viewer.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Our country has a process in place for those who seek asylum. Also, we have a process for those who sneak into the country illegally. If they sneak into the country and try to bypass our laws then they are criminals and should be dealt with as such.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Our country has a process in place for those who seek asylum. Also, we have a process for those who sneak into the country illegally. If they sneak into the country and try to bypass our laws then they are criminals and should be dealt with as such.

No one is a criminal until they are proven guilty of a crime within a duly constituted court of law. During the Kavanaugh hearing many people were rightly concerned that the principle "innocent until proven guilty" must apply. The same ought to apply to people accused of immigration law breaking, is that not so? Or is the law about innocence applicable only to some and not to others? And if it is applicable to alleged law breakers who are thought to be from Honduras or Guatemala or another place then they are not criminals they are merely accused until proven guilty and ought to be treated as accused not as criminals. Or do you disagree for some reason?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No one is a criminal until they are proven guilty of a crime within a duly constituted court of law. During the Kavanaugh hearing many people were rightly concerned that the principle "innocent until proven guilty" must apply. The same ought to apply to people accused of immigration law breaking, is that not so? Or is the law about innocence applicable only to some and not to others? And if it is applicable to alleged law breakers who are thought to be from Honduras or Guatemala or another place then they are not criminals they are merely accused until proven guilty and ought to be treated as accused not as criminals. Or do you disagree for some reason?

Those who commit ILLEGAL acts are detained or deported after having been proven guilty of those acts and they are done so by due process. If someone continually tries to enter the country and was already deported, he will be deported again without having to go through the system again because he was already declared GUILTY. Does that make sense to you now?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Those who commit ILLEGAL acts are detained or deported after having been proven guilty of those acts and they are done so by due process. If someone continually tries to enter the country and was already deported, he will be deported again without having to go through the system again because he was already declared GUILTY. Does that make sense to you now?

Does what you typed make sense to me? Not much sense. Just because somebody was deported once does not mean they cannot and do not have a legitimate asylum claim so they are not and ought not be assumed to be guilty of some alleged crime until their claim is properly investigated. That is a core value in the USA legal system is it not? One is innocent until proven guilty. Past crimes do not abrogate the need to prove guilt regarding the current allegations. Isn't that a principle that you think is valuable and important for the continued freedom of USA people (including non-citizen residents and asylum claimants)?

The emotion and hype obvious in MSNBC and Fox news casts makes it all the more important to properly investigate claims before declaring people guilty of crimes. That was suggestion one in my earlier post. "First the country needs to tone down the irrational verbiage about being invaded. What is in fact intended by the several thousand people is to enter the USA and reside therein. The group of people are not a swarm. People do not swarm. Bees do. These people are not bees."

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Does what you typed make sense to me? Not much sense. Just because somebody was deported once does not mean they cannot and do not have a legitimate asylum claim so they are not and ought not be assumed to be guilty of some alleged crime until their claim is properly investigated. That is a core value in the USA legal system is it not? One is innocent until proven guilty. Past crimes do not abrogate the need to prove guilt regarding the current allegations. Isn't that a principle that you think is valuable and important for the continued freedom of USA people (including non-citizen residents and asylum claimants)?

The emotion and hype obvious in MSNBC and Fox news casts makes it all the more important to properly investigate claims before declaring people guilty of crimes. That was suggestion one in my earlier post. "First the country needs to tone down the irrational verbiage about being invaded. What is in fact intended by the several thousand people is to enter the USA and reside therein. The group of people are not a swarm. People do not swarm. Bees do. These people are not bees."

Here is the page from my government on seeking asylum. There is a process that refugees must follow in order to acquire it. Maybe that will help clear things up

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

Top Bottom