KKK and Extremist Groups

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
So, what do you think of the KKK? I am not for the things they do.

Something I have thought about though is that black people can have groups that have the word "black" in it but when whites do it they get a terrible backlash. Not really referring to the KKK with that last sentence.

It is kind of sad that people are divided up by race and categorized that way. Why can't we all just be the "Human" race? After all, we are...

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The KKK has a history of violence that is scary.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Something I have thought about though is that black people can have groups that have the word "black" in it but when whites do it they get a terrible backlash. Not really referring to the KKK with that last sentence.

It is kind of sad that people are divided up by race and categorized that way. Why can't we all just be the "Human" race? After all, we are...

There was a time, within living memory, when "country club" and "social club" meant "white people's club, Jews need not apply". That was so in the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and only in the 1980s did it start to disappear but even so it lingered on until now in some areas. Maybe there is a gut-reaction against associations being called "whites only" or something to that effect because so many people still remember how things were in the recent past.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Why don't we just decline to stir this pot?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Why don't we just decline to stir this pot?

I think we can discuss without stirring the pot.

I have no problem at all with races being treated equally. That's how things should be. But as someone said above if there were a "white police officers association" there would be an outcry yet the existence of a "black police officers association" barely raises any eyebrows. Someone identifies as "African American" and takes advantage of affirmative action programs while a white American living in a trailer park with few prospects gets no help at all because they are apparently "privileged".

How often do you see so-called minority groups identifying as "black American", "African American" etc? How often do whites identify as "white American" or "European American" or similar?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

I have no problem at all with races being treated equally. That's how things should be. But as someone said above if there were a "white police officers association" there would be an outcry yet the existence of a "black police officers association" barely raises any eyebrows. Someone identifies as "African American" and takes advantage of affirmative action programs while a white American living in a trailer park with few prospects gets no help at all because they are apparently "privileged".

How often do you see so-called minority groups identifying as "black American", "African American" etc? How often do whites identify as "white American" or "European American" or similar?
I agree. Seems the scales have tipped for some races.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
There was a time, within living memory, when "country club" and "social club" meant "white people's club, Jews need not apply". That was so in the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and only in the 1980s did it start to disappear but even so it lingered on until now in some areas. Maybe there is a gut-reaction against associations being called "whites only" or something to that effect because so many people still remember how things were in the recent past.

I see your point and understand. It just should then be wrong for anyone to have a specific color or race attached to their group so all can be a part or not.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

Biologically and genetically speaking, you're right. With minor, minor differences in phenotypes, we are all one human family. I detest the KKK as an anachronism with no place in the twenty- first century. In this regard, science and Christianity say the same thing: we are a big family descended from one man and one woman with different designations of fatherlines and motherlines that all link up back to some place ( perhaps Africa) tens of thousands of years ago.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Biologically and genetically speaking, you're right. With minor, minor differences in phenotypes, we are all one human family. I detest the KKK as an anachronism with no place in the twenty- first century. In this regard, science and Christianity say the same thing: we are a big family descended from one man and one woman with different designations of fatherlines and motherlines that all link up back to some place ( perhaps Africa) tens of thousands of years ago.
Yes, we are all one family of human beings and I do believe our lineages go back to Africa. My brother did our DNA and it went back really far and said we come from Africa, Asia and Japan.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
At some point in our DNA past we all merge and come from the same place

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I only hear about the KKK on CNN when they want to stir up the liberals. Otherwise it's not really something that is widespread.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think that the group is more active than people realize

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Why would you think so? They (and it is dozens of different little groups claiming the same name) get a lot more publicity than their numbers and activities merit.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I only hear about the KKK on CNN when they want to stir up the liberals. Otherwise it's not really something that is widespread.

I have a very dear liberal friend who is very frightened of the KKK - There is a house flying the KKK flag within 1 miles of here - Who thinks that they present a clear and present danger to our republic... The simple fact is that by numbers alone, there may be 5 or 6 in the whole county, and they are politically irrelevant, and they have no history of assaults - They are utterly fringe... In the South, more will be found, and probably some assaults... But nationally, they are far less than 1% of the population - probably just as are black nationalist cracker-haters... Both make easy targets to hate...

The problem is the ginning up of fear and hatred as a political tool, which makes for VERY dangerous times...

Arsenios

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

No one NOW disagrees that racism has been an ugly mark on human relationships (everywhere).... and certainly, any student of US history knows this has been a particularly horrible (and ironic!!!) part of our nation. My own parents (and inlaws) - all born in the late 40's and early 50's - tell stories I find hard to believe.

SIN happens both individually and collectively... and as Nathan would remind us .... we need to confront it, admit it, confess it, turn to God for merciful forgiveness, and walk in a NEW path. And I think that process has been going on in this issue in this country for some 200 years (and it ain't done yet).

What troubles me
is that in some ways, we're just replacing one form of the sin for another. Perhaps an "over-reaction" or maybe just the same sin morphing in a new way (I consider it the later). In some ways, I think the LEFT promotes racism (and sexism0 with its OBSESSION with the issue of race, color, ethnicity, etc. The DREAM of Rev. MARTIN LUTHER King, Jr. was that his children would NOT be treated according to the color of their skin (or gender or race or ethnicity) BUT rather by the character of their heart (their morality, integrity). He fought for EQUAL opportunity and BLINDNESS to the issues of race, gender, color, etc. In some ways, I think it's worse now..... and I think it is the liberals who are working overtime to keep the dream of Rev. King as distant as possible Frankly, I'm sick of the "boys vs. girls" stuff (seems like Kindergarden to me), I'm SICK of all the talk of race.... I WISH we'd talk about character, integrity, morality...... I think what we all decry has simply morphed into a new form....

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The problem is the ginning up of fear and hatred as a political tool, which makes for VERY dangerous times...

Arsenios
I agree. There are some who capitalize on that, too.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't believe the KKK is still around..what a hateful horrible group.

Top Bottom