Voting!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Did anyone vote yet? Are you going to vote in November this year?

I have sent my ballot in already. I didn't like either the Republican or Democrat running for Governor so I voted Green Party this time. I've never voted Green before but hey, why not? :)

I also voted for reforming prison laws in my state.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If early voting is going on next Friday I will go then. I usually do early voting to avoid the long lines.
Our Governor isn't up for reelection this year, so it may not be that crowded.
I don't like it how all the political groups get as close as they can to the polling place and harass you when you go in to vote

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Did anyone vote yet? Are you going to vote in November this year?

I have sent my ballot in already. I didn't like either the Republican or Democrat running for Governor so I voted Green Party this time. I've never voted Green before but hey, why not? :)

I also voted for reforming prison laws in my state.

I would like to see a lot of people, a majority if it is possible, vote for anybody but the Republicans and Democrats.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If early voting is going on next Friday I will go then. I usually do early voting to avoid the long lines.
I don't like it how all the political groups get as close as they can to the polling place and harass you when you go in to vote

They do that here too, handing out "How to vote" cards - in Australia we have what's called a "preferential voting" system so one votes by marking a 1 against the candidate you most want, a 2 next to your second choice, a 3 for the one you like third best ... and so forth until the last candidate on the ballot paper gets a number (in my electorate it is usually 5 or 6 or 7) ... so a "how to vote card" tells you what each party recommends as the most effective way to get them elected and their "enemies" not elected. Naturally enough I either refuse the cards or accept them all and throw them away at home.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I would like to see a lot of people, a majority if it is possible, vote for anybody but the Republicans and Democrats.
I feel the same way at this point.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Happy Voting!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We don't have early voting where I live. I printed out a sample ballot for my daughter so she could look up the candidates online and learn about them before making her decision. She's new to the area so she's never heard of any of the people who are running.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My area doesnt do that either but I do vote and will make sure to as I think this is a pivitol election

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
My area doesnt do that either but I do vote and will make sure to as I think this is a pivitol election

I hadn't watched any political commentary in quite awhile and actually felt a sense of relief in that. Then yesterday I turned on MSNBC to watch Dateline. Well, I got busy doing things around the apt. and didn't watch Dateline but then all kinds of political commentary came on and I felt how the way they talked was tugging at me to react with hatred or anger which aren't the same thing. I don't like politics and only voted because I felt it's my duty as a citizen in a free country where we vote instead of having dictators.

Top Bottom