Is white nationalism a Christian virtue?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So you feel the caucasian experience is discounted?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

In talks on 'oppression', yes. I'm no longer a human being, but someone with privilege. There's a disparity that exists that prevents connection and results in endless apologies toward the 'oppressed'. The only exception I've made (where I've seen true oppression) is with the people I work with. I don't deny there are others in the world who are equally oppressed. But when people blatantly deny there are opportunities for them, and continue to believe they are 'oppressed', then I don't make apologies for my race.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Tell me what the scars happen to be. Honestly, tell me. Has the government placed African Americans on reserves and changed their form of government? Have they taken away their "status" as African Americans, thereby stripping them of rights just because they chose to fight in wars to protect a country they thought was theirs? Are they struggling to regain their cultural practices? How many Indigenous universities are there compared to historically black colleges and universities (hint - there's ONE Indigenous University in Canada). When was the last "residential school" for blacks in America closed? It was 1996 for Indigenous peoples in Canada.

Now what was that about scars of slavery?
What happened during slavery? What is your understanding of what took place?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
What happened during slavery? What is your understanding of what took place?

You've asked a number of questions in this thread, and people have shared quite a bit. How about you share some experiences or insight instead?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
In talks on 'oppression', yes. I'm no longer a human being, but someone with privilege. There's a disparity that exists that prevents connection and results in endless apologies toward the 'oppressed'. The only exception I've made (where I've seen true oppression) is with the people I work with. I don't deny there are others in the world who are equally oppressed. But when people blatantly deny there are opportunities for them, and continue to believe they are 'oppressed', then I don't make apologies for my race.
So you feel that when it comes to oppression, white people are unjustifiably blamed because they have corrected the situation and provided opportunities for others, right?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You've asked a number of questions in this thread, and people have shared quite a bit. How about you share some experiences or insight instead?
What do you want to know?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
So you feel that when it comes to oppression, white people are unjustifiably blamed because they have corrected the situation and provided opportunities for others, right?

Not what I said. There are people who claim 'oppression' and lack of opportunity, when there is opportunity. To them I am not apologetic. I've seen lives turned around when opportunities are taken advantage of and people move toward the things and people they value in life. And these turn-around's have had nothing to do with what I (or others) do or don't do. The person in pursuit of the goal, based on their values, is the one effecting the change.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Not what I said. There are people who claim 'oppression' and lack of opportunity, when there is opportunity. To them I am not apologetic. I've seen lives turned around when opportunities are taken advantage of and people move toward the things and people they value in life. And these turn-around's have had nothing to do with what I (or others) do or don't do. The person in pursuit of the goal, based on their values, is the one effecting the change.
So people do not pursue opportunities because the do not have the right values?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
So people do not pursue opportunities because the do not have the right values?

Not really what I said, so maybe you can clarify what you're asking.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Or because the are still living with the scars of slavery.

Baloney. They has statistics comparable with other races in the 1960’s. The cause has emerged since 1960, not 1860. It is you who are treating African Americans as less than a human being, fully capable of making decisions and responsible for the decisions they made.

Racism isn’t responsible for unwed mothers, high school drop outs or the divorce rate among African Americans. Welfare policies that financially reward single mothers and pay more, the more children they have may one factor that encourages it, but it is ultimately people who make decisions and need to own their own sins.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Not really what I said, so maybe you can clarify what you're asking.
Why do yo think people do not pursue opportunity?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Baloney. They has statistics comparable with other races in the 1960’s. The cause has emerged since 1960, not 1860. It is you who are treating African Americans as less than a human being, fully capable of making decisions and responsible for the decisions they made.

Racism isn’t responsible for unwed mothers, high school drop outs or the divorce rate among African Americans. Welfare policies that financially reward single mothers and pay more, the more children they have may one factor that encourages it, but it is ultimately people who make decisions and need to own their own sins.
Me. What do you mean?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is it fair to say that your experience as a caucasian man might be different that the experience of someone from another race?
So now YOU are a racist.
You are judging me based on the color of my skin and no other criteria.
I even warned you that you were about to step into that hole and you did anyway.

So if I told you that I am actually Black, would that make me right and you wrong?

Let’s talk about my experience and we can judge if this White boy has any reason to know what he is talking about. Being judged for who I am and not the color of my skin would be a nice change in a topic on racism ...

I lived the first ten years of my life in middle class suburbia. I was raised atheist and attended Church twice a year as a social obligation. I rejected the fairy tale Jesus of the Methodist and Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) when I was about 8 and my best friend in school was sexually assaulted by his mother’s drunk boyfriend (any ‘god’ that indifferent to evil or unable to deal with it was not worth wasting time on).

Then my father abandoned his family to play house with his boss’s wife and I moved to the “wrong side of the tracks”. My mother worked three jobs to pay for a place to live and “food stamps” provided food for the table.

When I got tired of getting beat up at school, I joined one of the two local gangs and participated in burglaries and arson. Later when I was old enough to drive, I smuggled drugs across state lines. I know what it feels like to be in a knife fight and I know what it feels like to shoot someone and I know what it is like to set someone on fire and have to live with it.

By 16 I had graduated from atheism to full blown nihilism (look it up if you are are unfamiliar) and by 17 I was facing a future of death by cop or life in prison before my 21st birthday. I was the oldest of three brothers and my youngest brother was murdered and my middle brother shot himself in the head. I am the last surviving sibling and the last surviving member of the old gang that I grew up with.

Had God not intervened, I have no doubt that I would not be alive today.

I had to work two jobs to support myself and pay for college, but I graduated with a 5 year Bachelor of Architecture degree in only 10 years. :) I have a small home (1400 sf) and a wife and daughter. I teach at a Pentecostal Church with about a 60% African American congregation (including the pastor).

So what do you think, did my ‘white privileged’ protect me from life?
Do I have no idea what life is like for a black man in America?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So now YOU are a racist.
You are judging me based on the color of my skin and no other criteria.
I even warned you that you were about to step into that hole and you did anyway.

So if I told you that I am actually Black, would that make me right and you wrong?

Let’s talk about my experience and we can judge if this White boy has any reason to know what he is talking about. Being judges for who I am and not the color of my skin would be a nice change in a topic on racism ...

I lived the first ten years of my life in middle class suburbia. I was raised atheist and attended Church twice a year as a social obligation. I rejected the fairy tale Jesus of the Methodist and Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) when I was about 8 and my best friend in school was sexually assaulted by his mother’s drunk boyfriend (any ‘god’ that indifferent to evil or unable to deal with it was not worth wasting time on).

Then my father abandoned his family to play house with his boss’s wife and I moved to the “wrong side of the tracks”. My mother worked three jobs to pay for a place to live and “food stamps” provided food for the table.

When I got tired of getting beat up at school, I joined one of the two local gangs and participated in burglaries and arson. Later when I was old enough to drive, I smuggled drugs across state lines. I know what it feels like to be in a knife fight and I know what it feels like to shoot someone and I know what it is like to set someone on fire and have to live with it.

By 16 I had graduated from atheism to full blown nihilism (look it up if you are are unfamiliar) and by 17 I was facing a future of death by cop or life in prison before my 21st birthday. I was the oldest of three brothers and my youngest brother was murdered and my middle brother shot himself in the head. I am the last surviving sibling and the last surviving member of the old gang that I grew up with.

Had God not intervened, I have no doubt that I would not be alive today.

I had to work two jobs to support myself and pay for college, but I graduated with a 5 year Bachelor of Architecture degree in only 10 years. :) I have a small home (1400 sf) and a wife and daughter. I teach at a Pentecostal Church with about a 60% African American congregation (including the pastor).

I said, "Is it fair to say that your experience as a caucasian man might be different than the experience of someone from another race?"

How is that racist?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Me. What do you mean?

Are Blacks:
1. people who are equal to any other person and responsible for their own actions
OR
2. less than full people who need special rules and treatment because they are incapable of making good decisions and (therefore) not responsible for their bad decisions.

Choose one or the other and treat African Americans accordingly.
I choose (1) for people of all races.
You seem to be arguing for a need for us to treat Blacks ‘special’ which is position (2).

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I said, "Is it fair to say that your experience as a caucasian man might be different than the experience of someone from another race?"

How is that racist?

You missed my questions:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

How is that racist?

Please define “racist”.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Are Blacks:
1. people who are equal to any other person and responsible for their own actions
OR
2. less than full people who need special rules and treatment because they are incapable of making good decisions and (therefore) not responsible for their bad decisions.

Choose one or the other and treat African Americans accordingly.
I choose (1) for people of all races.
You seem to be arguing for a need for us to treat Blacks ‘special’ which is position (2).
Oh. So what you are saying is that to treat blacks equally we have to say that there is no racism?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Oh. So what you are saying is that to treat blacks equally we have to say that there is no racism?

Still not answering questions? I think some valid ones have been raised and your avoidance of acknowledging anyone else's experience is very telling

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Please define “racist”.
Someone who feels that another race is inferior and for that reason must be denied rights, must be treated as inferior, and their treatment is to be determined and controled by the superior race.

Furthermore, the racist, invalidates or seeks to invalidate the values, behavior, feelings, abilities, etc. of those whom are deemed inferior because of their race. Not all racist recognize or accept that they harbor ill feelings towards another race and often they attribute their feelings to other external reasons.

However, upon examination of their reasons, it can be determined that they are in fact racist, because they normally find flaws and shortcomings in an entire race, and to not recognize a person as an individual if they belong to the "inferior" race. For intance, they might say " blacks don't take advantage of opportunities" or "latinos are too lazy". They look at entire races, not at individuals.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Still not answering questions? I think some valid ones have been raised and your avoidance of acknowledging anyone else's experience is very telling
What question did you ask?

Top Bottom