• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 85

    Christian Theology - Thread: Is white nationalism a Christian virtue?

    1. #11
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Meh
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      913
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,767
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,758
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.08%
      Rep Power
      209
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      What, exactly, do you think that passage has to say to you (and me) about "mixed marriages" today?
      That “God says ‘Stop Racism’” is a pithy statement, but overly simplistic of the real world advice that Scripture actually has to offer on the subject.
      (Among other things.)

      Since Ezra is in the Catholic Bible as well, it is the word of God for you as much as it is for me, so what do YOU think it has to say to us, today?

    2. #12
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Meh
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      913
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,767
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,758
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.08%
      Rep Power
      209
      Quote Originally Posted by Resources View Post
      https://twitter.com/youfollowme2/sta...03361873305600

      Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

      Where exactly does God say “Stop Racism”?
      What are you doing to end the slaughter of whites in Africa? (People always assume that racism is white’s hating blacks).

    3. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
    4. #13
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,191
      CH Cash
      20,617
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      43,653
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      26.7%
      Rep Power
      681
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      That “God says ‘Stop Racism’” is a pithy statement, but overly simplistic of the real world advice that Scripture actually has to offer on the subject.
      (Among other things.)

      Since Ezra is in the Catholic Bible as well, it is the word of God for you as much as it is for me, so what do YOU think it has to say to us, today?
      It is a shadow from the past. A word about symbols and images. The reality is Christ. Maintaining "racial purity for Israel" today is helping the orphans, and widows in their need, and keeping oneself from the world’s corruption.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    5. #14
      Ruth's Avatar
      Ruth is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      4,246
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      10,386
      CH Challenge
      8
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (18,195 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      17,200
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      41.29%
      Rep Power
      379
      No, I don't think so to answer your question.
      Judge tenderly, if you must. There is usually a side you have not heard, a story you know nothing about, and a battle waged that you are not having to fight.Hidden Content

    6. Likes psalms 91 liked this post
    7. #15
      Resources is offline Rookie Member
      53
      Married
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      68
      CH Cash
      287
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      47
      Level
      2
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.17%
      Rep Power
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      Where exactly does God say “Stop Racism”?
      What are you doing to end the slaughter of whites in Africa? (People always assume that racism is white’s hating blacks).
      If whites are being slaughter in Africa, it must be stop. If it is because of ravism it must be condenmed. If is not, it should be condemed also. Any how, racism is racism. It is filthy and offensive to God.

      Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

    8. Likes Ruth liked this post
    9. #16
      atpollard is offline Prodigy Member
      56
      Married
      Mood:
      Meh
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      913
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,767
      CH Challenge
      42
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (10,500 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,758
      Level
      25
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.08%
      Rep Power
      209
      Quote Originally Posted by Resources View Post
      If whites are being slaughter in Africa, it must be stop. If it is because of ravism it must be condenmed. If is not, it should be condemed also. Any how, racism is racism. It is filthy and offensive to God.

      Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
      YOUR opinion is noted, but where is the scripture where God commands us to “Stop Racism”? Where is the scripture that says that God is offended by racism?

      [Mark 7:26-27 NASB] 26 Now the woman was a Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. 27 And He was saying to her, "Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

      Jesus didn’t seeem particularly bothered by his own racially ‘politically incorrect’ statement towards this gentile woman (comparing her to a dog and healing her daughter to throwing the Jewish children’s bread to dogs). I am asking for nothing more than for you to back up your emotional opinions with some actual scripture if you are going to proclaim that how you feel is how God feels.

    10. #17
      Resources is offline Rookie Member
      53
      Married
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      68
      CH Cash
      287
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      47
      Level
      2
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.17%
      Rep Power
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      YOUR opinion is noted, but where is the scripture where God commands us to “Stop Racism”? Where is the scripture that says that God is offended by racism?

      [Mark 7:26-27 NASB] 26 Now the woman was a Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. 27 And He was saying to her, "Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

      Jesus didn’t seeem particularly bothered by his own racially ‘politically incorrect’ statement towards this gentile woman (comparing her to a dog and healing her daughter to throwing the Jewish children’s bread to dogs). I am asking for nothing more than for you to back up your emotional opinions with some actual scripture if you are going to proclaim that how you feel is how God feels.
      Jesus was trying to say that at that paryicular moment he was there to preach to the Jewish people. Eventually, the apostles were instructed to go into the world to preach to all people.

      Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

    11. #18
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,191
      CH Cash
      20,617
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      43,653
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      26.7%
      Rep Power
      681
      Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
      YOUR opinion is noted, but where is the scripture where God commands us to “Stop Racism”? Where is the scripture that says that God is offended by racism?
      These scriptures make racism impossible to maintain for a Christian.
      John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
      Ephesians 2:14-16 For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby bringing the hostility to an end.
      Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
      [Mark 7:26-27 NASB] 26 Now the woman was a Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. 27 And He was saying to her, "Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

      Jesus didn’t seeem particularly bothered by his own racially ‘politically incorrect’ statement towards this gentile woman (comparing her to a dog and healing her daughter to throwing the Jewish children’s bread to dogs). I am asking for nothing more than for you to back up your emotional opinions with some actual scripture if you are going to proclaim that how you feel is how God feels.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    12. #19
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,560
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,054
      CH Challenge
      298
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      17,892
      Level
      38
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      3.01%
      Rep Power
      540
      Heres a thought. Why is racism so often approached as if it were singularly unchristian?

      I can think of a dozen other isms that are equally or more directly counter to the Gospel, but they never seem to come in for nearly as much attention.

    13. Likes atpollard liked this post
    14. #20
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      12,835
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,156
      CH Challenge
      89
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (3,661,265 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      56,187
      Level
      59
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      73.03%
      Rep Power
      591
      Maybe because it is so personal and affects so many
      Isaiah 40:31

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •