Is white nationalism a Christian virtue?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Heres a thought. Why is racism so often approached as if it were singularly unchristian?

I can think of a dozen other isms that are equally or more directly counter to the Gospel, but they never seem to come in for nearly as much attention.
Because many who identify as Christian, propagate and adhere to political and social views that are racist.

Now, true Christians do not accept racism or dismiss it. However, because politicians have been successful at marketing their party and ideals as Christian, the association has taken place. Not that many of these folks are actually Christian, they are not. But people associate them with Christianity.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Because many who identify as Christian, propagate and adhere to political and social views that are racist.
I get that, but my point was that many other isms fit that bill just as well, yet the focus is always on racism as if it were uniquely offensive.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I get that, but my point was that many other isms fit that bill just as well, yet the focus is always on racism as if it were uniquely offensive.
To those being oppressed by racism it is a most important ism.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To those oppressed by racism....

OK, adding that proviso is a good modification, but I am willing to bet that the people in Venezuela or Syria or Yemen, for example, are feeling oppressed--really oppressed--because of other ideologies or isms. And millions of Americans for some reason other than racism.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To those oppressed by racism....

OK, adding that proviso is a good modification, but I am willing to bet that the people in Venezuela or Syria or Yemen, for example, are feeling oppressed--really oppressed--because of other ideologies or isms. And millions of Americans for some reason other than racism.
You obviously are determined to suppress the voices or at least minimized the voices of victims of racism. May I ask why is this so important to you?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Racism is a sin. That is the truth. Other things are also sins but that doesn't mean that racism is somehow cleansed because other things are sins. And if millions suffer because of other "isms" that does not lessen the sinfulness of racism.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Racism is a sin. That is the truth. Other things are also sins but that doesn't mean that racism is somehow cleansed because other things are sins. And if millions suffer because of other "isms" that does not lessen the sinfulness of racism.

Are you replying to my earlier comments, in post#19, for example?.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You obviously are determined to suppress the voices or at least minimized the voices of victims of racism. May I ask why is this so important to you?
Ah, well, there's a timely example. Slander, lies, and character assassination are unchristian also.

And they are often used as instruments of oppression. So what about that??

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ah, well, there's a timely example. Slander, lies, and character assassination are unchristian also.

Or maybe that is how your comment s come across

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Obviously you take issue with the mention of racism. Every argument you have presented appears to object the notion that God rejects racism. You want attention diverted from the issue. Hence, one can conclude that you do not want to stop racism, that you want it to go unnoticed or that you do not think it is a great issue. Not slander, not lies, no character assasination. In fact, everyone who has commented her has done so in a Christian fashion so far.

So again, from your remarks, it appears that you take issue with racism being singled out or magnified. Most who do that are usually trying to minimize it, ignire it or hid it. So my question is, why do you defend it? Why is making sure that racism is overlooked important to you?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It probably would be a good idea to ditch the impulse to begin every post with “Obviously you.... “ or “You obviously..."

Especially if you are going to follow it with a commentary that does not relate to anything the other person wrote.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Calumny is a sin. The sinfulness of calumny doesn't lessen the sinfulness of racism. Racism is a sin. That is a truth that is unchanged by the mention of other sins.

Goading others into a fight is also a sin. Nevertheless that does not mean that racism is not a sin. Racism remains sinful even after goading is mentioned.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Jesus was trying to say that at that paryicular moment he was there to preach to the Jewish people. Eventually, the apostles were instructed to go into the world to preach to all people.
1. Is it a racist comment to refer to gentiles as ‘dogs’?
2. They were talking about healing a little girl of demonic possession, not preaching the gospel (at that particular moment).

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
These scriptures make racism impossible to maintain for a Christian.
John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
Ephesians 2:14-16 For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby bringing the hostility to an end.
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

At last, scripture!

Do you think it is significant that all of those verses address how the saved are to act towards other Christians?
Are there TWO races ... those of the world and those that are in Christ?
Clearly there is to be no separation between those who are in Christ, but is there any command to “STOP RACISM” among those who do not belong to Christ? Are there any commands about how Christians are to interact with “the world”?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What actual evidence is there of oppression due to racism?

A Black man, born to a foreign national father, raised abroad and educated in an Islamic culture, and attending a Church that preaches racial warfare ... became President of the United States and served the maximum 8 years allowed by law. There must be few people with more reason to suffer “racism” than a Muslim, a Foreigner, a Black Man, and a Radical (he was called all of these things by his detractors) yet there is no possible case for President Obama suffering “oppression”.

Poverty is oppressive. Teen pregnancy is oppressive. Drug addiction is oppressive. Lacking a High School Diploma is oppressive. Yet none of these things care one iota about race.

Racism is largely an excuse to blame someone else for your problems and maintain a victim mentality. I have a friend named Dave whose single mother died when he was a teen. Dave lived on the roof of an apartment building in Philadelphia and hustled selling sunglasses on the street corner to buy food. He left school at age 16, and bought a house at age 18. He still sells sunglasses, only now he works “Monday” and sells them on those displays in places like Eckerds. Dave has an open invitation to help anyone who wants to work but can’t find a job to start a business. He has very few takers. When push comes to shove, most people who are “oppressed” don’t want to change their lives. They want someone to give them money.

So where is this racial oppression?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What actual evidence is there of oppression due to racism?

A Black man, born to a foreign national father, raised abroad and educated in an Islamic culture, and attending a Church that preaches racial warfare ... became President of the United States and served the maximum 8 years allowed by law. There must be few people with more reason to suffer “racism” than a Muslim, a Foreigner, a Black Man, and a Radical (he was called all of these things by his detractors) yet there is no possible case for President Obama suffering “oppression”.

Poverty is oppressive. Teen pregnancy is oppressive. Drug addiction is oppressive. Lacking a High School Diploma is oppressive. Yet none of these things care one iota about race.

Racism is largely an excuse to blame someone else for your problems and maintain a victim mentality. I have a friend named Dave whose single mother died when he was a teen. Dave lived on the roof of an apartment building in Philadelphia and hustled selling sunglasses on the street corner to buy food. He left school at age 16, and bought a house at age 18. He still sells sunglasses, only now he works “Monday” and sells them on those displays in places like Eckerds. Dave has an open invitation to help anyone who wants to work but can’t find a job to start a business. He has very few takers. When push comes to shove, most people who are “oppressed” don’t want to change their lives. They want someone to give them money.

So where is this racial oppression?
"A Black man, born to a foreign national father, raised abroad and educated in an Islamic culture, and attending a Church that preaches racial warfare ... became President of the United States and served the maximum 8 years allowed by law." That certainly drives some people mad. Eventhough they attempted to deny Barak Obama of opportunity by highlighting that he is different, he managed to overcome. Eventhough they used labels to brand him as unworthy, God gifted him with enough ability to dance circles around those who claimed to be superior to him. God had the last laugh.

However, what oppressors do not understand is grace. God can empower people to overcome, no matter how hard those who are bent on impeding set obstacles.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom