ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Not even confirmed yet, and it's already started:

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, impeachment could follow. Here’s how.

So I say "everyone out and start over".

President, VP, Joint Chiefs, senators, representatives, advisers, lobbyists, CNN/MSNBC/Fox News correspondents, Ted Nugent, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, 'Saturday Night Live' cast, all of 'em.

Deal?

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh good. You began a list :thumbsup:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Freedom of speech is kinda tough some times isn't it.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Freedom of speech is kinda tough some times isn't it.

It certainly is. I'm grateful for that right, though, knowing full well that some would have me (metaphorically) impeached as well

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would absolutely hate for someone to judge me according to any of my 17 year old actions and words. I'd much rather be judged on what I've done or said in recent years since that's who I've grown into becoming. If a major crime had been committed by me when I was 17 then charges should have been brought forth, not wait 34 years.

I haven't done much research on Kavanaugh's career as a judge which I feel is what should be looked at. Was he fair? Was he objective? etc...?

I'm tired of people judging based upon feelings and then getting into a frenzy when they don't get their way. This drama is getting old.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We may have entered into a new episode in American history in which the losing party attempts to impeach anyone who won. But it will not work, so its just something to keep the faithful stirred up for awhile with nothing accomplished in the end.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Political Correctness" has become the tool of the Left to limit speech they don't like and to secure their speech will be unchallenged, unaccountable..... Sure, nice is nice but the left has taken this to an absurdity to destroy free speech and accountability. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

And now there are various attempts (Is "Me-too" being taken over for this?) to destroy the Rule of Law.... to make "correct" whatever position the Left wants at the time. One is guilty if the Left says they are, innocent if the Left says they are. The Left decides and declares... evidence is irrelevant, trials are irrelevant, due process is irrelevant, one is evil and guilty if the Left says they are. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So I say "everyone out and start over".

President, VP, Joint Chiefs, senators, representatives, advisers, lobbyists, CNN/MSNBC/Fox News correspondents, Ted Nugent, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, 'Saturday Night Live' cast, all of 'em.

Deal?

I think many are "catching on" and agree with you....

I did not vote for Trump (and not sure I will if he runs for re-election) BUT I think he became the "poster boy" for exactly what you are expressing.... he is a non-politician, he doesn't speak political correctness, he said he'd "clear the swamp." I think the very fact that he so annoys the Left (and it's puppet, the Press) delights many. Now.... IS he cleaning the swamp? Well... that's debatable. I DO like how he stood up for Kavanaugh (I think any other politician would have withdrawn the nomination), I like how he's stood up at several points.... One thing Trump is NOT: Business as usual. Like that or not.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with you in saying that some president other than President Trump might have withdrawn the nomination. However, it is also worth reflecting on how this shows the degree to which the Democrats have overplayed their hand by their incessant RESIST! and "Impeach" campaigning.

If
President Trump had given any thought to withdrawing the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh--which I doubt very much--he would also know for a certainty that the replacement nominee would get the exact same treatment. Why not? After all, it worked for the Dems so why would they change?

In other words, the Democrats, by being opposed to everything and everyone, made that course of action null and void. If they really did hope that the President would consider withdrawing the nomination, they were their own worst enemies.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with you in saying that some president other than President Trump might have withdrawn the nomination. However, it is also worth reflecting on how this shows the degree to which the Democrats have overplayed their hand by their incessant RESIST! and "Impeach" campaigning.

If
President Trump had given any thought to withdrawing the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh--which I doubt very much--he would also know for a certainty that the replacement nominee would get the exact same treatment. Why not? After all, it worked for the Dems so why would they change?

In other words, the Democrats, by being opposed to everything and everyone, made that course of action null and void. If they really did hope that the President would consider withdrawing the nomination, they were their own worst enemies.

Very true, when it looks more and more like the primary goal was to merely stall and play for time, when it looks more and more likely that any candidate who didn't meet the approval of the hard left (you know, the ones who lost the election but still apparently think they should call the shots for some reason) will face the same stalling and mud slinging, all it does is demonstrate there's no point playing their games and you might as well press on regardless. Which of course enrages the left even more, but that's OK too.

It reminds me of a former manager of mine who liked to play games with the concept of which tasks were most urgent. When asked for relative priorities he just said everything was urgent. All that means is that nothing is urgent - everything is the same priority. So I just did the tasks in the order that made it most likely I'd run out of time before I got to the least desirable ones.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The resolution called for an FBI investigation. The White House apparently insisted that the investigation be a standard one in keeping with the resolution that was voted on by the Judiciary Committee rather than have it become a fishing expedition which the Democrats were hoping for. The Dems apparently wanted a clean resolution without which it might not receive the support of the Republicans on the Committee, such as Senator Flake, but also wanted it to be a witchhunt when it got going.

That this longshot scheme failed, and that the FBI proceeded in its usual and legitimate way, seems unremarkable.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we should save time with all of these proceedings and accusations and just impeach all of the politicians! They are all guilty any how...:disgonbegood: Just joking of course. Had to give my 2 cents worth.:bigok:

Top Bottom