Is Trump Stupid? Are All Republicans Stupid?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The American press always portrays Trump as an ignorant, uneducated, idiot. He has an IQ of 156* This places him in the top 0.01% of adults. I'm saying NOTHING about his personality or politics - only the REALITY of his intelligence.

The American press has portrayed EVERY Republican president since Eisenhower as ignorant, uneducated, idiots. Always strongly comparing them to the smartest man in the Planet Earth - President Obama (Obama's IQ is 142**}. It does not matter if Republicans graduate from Harvard or Yale.... or have IQ actually higher than some Democrat, for 50 years, the Press in the USA has always portrayed every Republicans as laughably uneducated, stupid, foolish idiots. And Democrats, the smartest, most intelligent, best educated people on the planet. Obviously, reality doesn't matter..... And this image making seems to work.

Frankly, I'm not much of a believer in these scores... and the reality is the press plays VERY loose with these - even ascribing exact numbers to presidents who lived long before there were IQ tests!!! We only have data from Kennedy on, and much of that is guesses, not actual data. But what is clear is that the image the press creates simply is entirely baseless. But the public buys it - lock, stock and barrel. Image often displaces reality - a point the mass media well understands. And it works.

* https://www.iq-test.net/Donald-Trumps-IQ-Score-pms19.html

** https://www.iq-test.net/barack-obama-iq-pms113.html

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In many ways much of this reminds me of a lot of the campaigning over the Brexit vote in the UK.

Typically urban areas voted to remain while rural areas voted to leave. If you look at a map of the UK at constituency level to see how they voted it's remarkable - London votes were to remain, there was a big patch of Remain voting in the very south west of the country and apart from that much of it was a sea of Leave. Needless to say the ruling elite favored keeping the status quo, so no great surprise there. Then came the chattering urban types claiming the people voting to leave were racist, xenophobic, uneducated, or some combination of those.

The thing is the question "is the EU good for the UK" isn't the sort of thing that has a universal yes or no answer. If you're an architect, an investment banker, a civil engineer or similar and based in London then it's good to be able to bid for projects across a much wider marketplace. If you're a plumber or an electrician based on Birmingham you probably aren't interested in unblocking a toilet in Lisbon but thanks to the free movement of people you have more competition in the form of plumbers and electricians from eastern Europe. So for the architect the EU is a good thing and for the plumber it's not such a good thing.

I can't help thinking that the media will gladly highlight Republicans who are stupid and gloss over Democrats who are stupid, while doing the reverse with people who are intelligent. It's not as if either side has a monopoly on the tribal voters who would vote for a turnip if it had the correct rosette on it, or the people who think that shouting louder and throwing personal insults bolsters their argument.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The American press always portrays Trump as an ignorant, uneducated, idiot. He has an IQ of 156* This places him in the top 0.01% of adults. I'm saying NOTHING about his personality or politics - only the REALITY of his intelligence.

The American press has portrayed EVERY Republican president since Eisenhower as ignorant, uneducated, idiots. Always strongly comparing them to the smartest man in the Planet Earth - President Obama (Obama's IQ is 142**}. It does not matter if Republicans graduate from Harvard or Yale.... or have IQ actually higher than some Democrat, for 50 years, the Press in the USA has always portrayed every Republicans as laughably uneducated, stupid, foolish idiots. And Democrats, the smartest, most intelligent, best educated people on the planet. Obviously, reality doesn't matter..... And this image making seems to work.

Frankly, I'm not much of a believer in these scores... and the reality is the press plays VERY loose with these - even ascribing exact numbers to presidents who lived long before there were IQ tests!!! We only have data from Kennedy on, and much of that is guesses, not actual data. But what is clear is that the image the press creates simply is entirely baseless. But the public buys it - lock, stock and barrel. Image often displaces reality - a point the mass media well understands. And it works.

* https://www.iq-test.net/Donald-Trumps-IQ-Score-pms19.html

** https://www.iq-test.net/barack-obama-iq-pms113.html

I think that Trump has had success as a politician says more about where we are as a country than it does him. People like it that he speaks his mind and doesn't seem to care what people think. He doesn't look at polls or doesn't appear to before he opens his mouth. He seems to know his own base well enough that he knows what encourages them and gets them fired up and he is a bit of an entertainer.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
In many ways much of this reminds me of a lot of the campaigning over the Brexit vote in the UK.

Typically urban areas voted to remain while rural areas voted to leave. If you look at a map of the UK at constituency level to see how they voted it's remarkable - London votes were to remain, there was a big patch of Remain voting in the very south west of the country and apart from that much of it was a sea of Leave. Needless to say the ruling elite favored keeping the status quo, so no great surprise there. Then came the chattering urban types claiming the people voting to leave were racist, xenophobic, uneducated, or some combination of those.

The thing is the question "is the EU good for the UK" isn't the sort of thing that has a universal yes or no answer. If you're an architect, an investment banker, a civil engineer or similar and based in London then it's good to be able to bid for projects across a much wider marketplace. If you're a plumber or an electrician based on Birmingham you probably aren't interested in unblocking a toilet in Lisbon but thanks to the free movement of people you have more competition in the form of plumbers and electricians from eastern Europe. So for the architect the EU is a good thing and for the plumber it's not such a good thing.

I can't help thinking that the media will gladly highlight Republicans who are stupid and gloss over Democrats who are stupid, while doing the reverse with people who are intelligent. It's not as if either side has a monopoly on the tribal voters who would vote for a turnip if it had the correct rosette on it, or the people who think that shouting louder and throwing personal insults bolsters their argument.
It is sad that people are portrayed in this way, yes. I don't believe in IQ scores that much; they only measure what the test says it does.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
His High School pals all learned to never bet against him...
He was not one to lose...
The Press is still learning what his High School pals already know...

He is a master strategist in his tactics...
The long range is always in view...

The hateful character assasins of the Left are being dragged howling into the light of truth...
And great danger is afloat across this land from them...
Because they have no power now except personal weaponization of themselves...
Presently with lies and slanders, and only occassional murders...

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
His High School pals all learned to never bet against him...
He was not one to lose...
The Press is still learning what his High School pals already know...

He is a master strategist in his tactics...
The long range is always in view...

The hateful character assasins of the Left are being dragged howling into the light of truth...
And great danger is afloat across this land from them...
Because they have no power now except personal weaponization of themselves...
Presently with lies and slanders, and only occassional murders...

Arsenios
Really?:birgits_giggle:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My point in the OP was not pro-Trump or anti-Trump....

The issue I tried to raise is how the American Press PORTRAYS modern presidents, obviously regardless of the reality. I understand that 97% of professional journalists in the USA are registered Democrats and 2% are Independents. And for years, they had a very gullible audience and succeeded in creating the IMAGE the press wanted (obviously regardless of the reality). Honestly, I think the public is waking up.....

As I stated, I'm not much of a believer in IQ scores... but I'm especially suspicious of the very exact "score" the press gives to presidents who died before any IQ test was invented.... but I think that makes the point, reality is irrelevant, it's all in how the liberal PRESS "scores" them and portrays them. And the last Republican viewed as having ANY intelligence and education was Eisenhower (a famous general - hard to diss to the public)

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
My point in the OP was not pro-Trump or anti-Trump....

The issue I tried to raise is how the American Press PORTRAYS modern presidents, obviously regardless of the reality. I understand that 97% of professional journalists in the USA are registered Democrats and 2% are Independents. And for years, they had a very gullible audience and succeeded in creating the IMAGE the press wanted (obviously regardless of the reality). Honestly, I think the public is waking up.....

As I stated, I'm not much of a believer in IQ scores... but I'm especially suspicious of the very exact "score" the press gives to presidents who died before any IQ test was invented.... but I think that makes the point, reality is irrelevant, it's all in how the liberal PRESS "scores" them and portrays them. And the last Republican viewed as having ANY intelligence and education was Eisenhower (a famous general - hard to diss to the public)

The leftist press seems to think that it has been given the responsibility to tell us what is true...
And they do not believe in truth but in power...
And it's all down hill from there...

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The leftist press seems to think that it has been given the responsibility to tell us what is true...
And they do not believe in truth but in power...
And it's all down hill from there...

Arsenios
So sorry but doesn't the right do the same?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Politics is dirty business, JFK told the America public that it is their duty to point out corruption and mistakes in the government to protect our amendments.
Censorship is becoming an epidemic, and also being Innocent until proven guilty is becoming reversed. The Bush administration had much corruption and unethical war programs IMO we never found those weapons... but during that time we seemed more united than ever, the pendulum swings a great distance and now the people are becoming drastically divided it makes my head spin and stomach turn.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

No.

First of all, with over 90% professional journalists being registered Democrats, they have little voice, especially in the "main stream" press (major newspapers, CNN, all the network news, etc). True, there now is Fox News and a couple of "right" radio and several websites but they pale in comparison. But I don't recall ANY on the right accusing Obama or Clinton of having a low IQ or being ignorant or stupid or uneducated, just WRONG in their politics.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
And also did the same obstructionist tactics among other things

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Mud slinging has been going on since the start of the country. For instance, Lincoln's opponent (for Senate) was mocked as a "mama's boy" and Van Buren was accused of being a "rich sissy who eats with golden kitchenware". This is not new - and I don't doubt Trump is smart. However, though, his background causes him to be an elitist - so if he's pretending to be Ted Nugent, it's an act!

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Donald may be showing signs of senility, which is not criticism of him because diseases are not necessarily brought on by personal faults or personal behaviours, and if he is senile or becoming so then he ought not be in the office of POTUS.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hahaha hehehe hohoho ... an IQ of 156 testified to by the "prestigious web site" iq-test.net ... :smirk:

Thank you, [MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION] for my morning laughs.

My iq according to that prestigious web site is higher than Donald's :scared:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

What exactly do you think constitutes the rightist press?

There was not a single big-city newspaper that endorsed Trump for president in 2016, so which ones are supposed to be the rightist press now???.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mud slinging has been going on since the start of the country. For instance, Lincoln's opponent (for Senate) was mocked as a "mama's boy" and Van Buren was accused of being a "rich sissy who eats with golden kitchenware".

And isnt it interesting how tame those accusations are when compared with what the coup plotters say of the president these days?

/

Last edited:

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
The American press always portrays Trump as an ignorant, uneducated, idiot. He has an IQ of 156

I too am suspicious of IQ scores. At best they indicate only potential and, if Trump really has a score that high, he certainly does not perform to that potential. He is poorly educated and doesn't like to read or do research of any sort. This makes him rather ignorant. He has a high propensity to say the first thing that comes to mind (regardless of the truth) if he thinks it will make him look good. This makes him a liar. If there were such a thing as a Moral Character Quotient (MCQ) he would score far below average. Sadly, in 2016 the American electorate ignored all of this even though it has been obvious for years.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
lol it told me I had an IQ of 206, that's funny, I must have gotten super lucky at quick guessing because it was timed, I highly doubt this site is legit

Top Bottom