Yes

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
At a recent rally President Trump mocked Dr.Ford's testimony before the senate judiciary committee.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/poli...lasey-ford-kavanaugh-supreme-court/index.html

It just really bothers me that he makes fun and mocks anyone that doesn't agree with him.
I wonder what Jefferson and Washington would think?
Have you ever read the federalist papers? In the late 1700s newspapers made no effort to claim they were unbiased. They openly mocked opponents.
I'm quite sure Washington and Jefferson met people like Trump nearly every day.
That being said, I find President Trump as off putting a person as there is. I will not be an apologist for him.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I will be glad when this circus leaves town and folds up

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I will be glad when this circus leaves town and folds up

Donald could withdraw this nominee and put forward another. Maybe the second nominee will be less accident prone.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
At a recent rally President Trump mocked Dr.Ford's testimony before the senate judiciary committee.

Someone needs to talk sense concerning 'Dr.' Ford. The media will not, and the Republicans on the Senate Committee are scared to death of being called anti-women, so who better than the President who, after all, observes what is transpiring but has no vote in the confirmation process?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Donald could withdraw this nominee and put forward another. Maybe the second nominee will be less accident prone.

Try a different excuse for treating us to the weekly exercise in anti-Americanism. This one's about used up.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/poli...lasey-ford-kavanaugh-supreme-court/index.html

It just really bothers me that he makes fun and mocks anyone that doesn't agree with him.
I wonder what Jefferson and Washington would think?
He basically said verbatim what she said and if anyone thinks he is 'mocking' her by speaking verbatim then it's a bit hypocritical IMO

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He basically said verbatim what she said and if anyone thinks he is 'mocking' her by speaking verbatim then it's a bit hypocritical IMO

Basically he knows nothing about how trauma victims have a hard time processing memories about trauma and how hard it is for them to talk about it.
Everytime he opens his mouth he displays his ignorance

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wonder why you aren't able to contemplate that an accuser who has a track record of lying and is a 'Social Justice Warrior' political activist being coached by the masterminds of Democrat Party election strategy cannot possibly be untruthful herself?

All the evidence leads to that conclusion while the only thing going for her testimony is 'She's a woman, so she must be telling the truth. '

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Basically he knows nothing about how trauma victims have a hard time processing memories about trauma and how hard it is for them to talk about it.
He was just stating her facts from her testimony, the media states facts from Kavanaughs testimony 24/7, what's the difference?
I guess we will see where the investigation goes but again it's not wrong to state another persons facts, if he flat out said she is lying well thats another story.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He was just stating her facts from her testimony, the media states facts from Kavanaughs testimony 24/7, what's the difference?
I guess we will see where the investigation goes but again it's not wrong to state another persons facts, if he flat out said she is lying well thats another story.
If it isnt the truth then what conclusion are you left with?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I see it as disrespectful and insensitive, which is typically of him. He doesn't understand that someone could have trauma happen to them and completely block it out and not remember anything because it was so horrific. I have counseled people like that who only when they feel safe years later are able to start recalling things. It comes back sometimes in bits and pieces because it is so traumatic. If the brain unloaded it all at once it would be too much for the person to deal with. I've had kids in my counseling practice who were sexually molested by their parents, physically, emotionally, sexually. Neglected because their parents were out chasing after a high or a drug and neglecting to feed them, cloth them or take them to the doctor. It is a horrific violation of the spirit of a person. To make fun of the person is seriously stupid
there is a very good book out now called "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma" by Bessel van der Kolk. It's one of the best books I have read on the subject if you really want to learn more

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I see it as disrespectful and insensitive, which is typically of him. He doesn't understand that someone could have trauma happen to them and completely block it out and not remember anything because it was so horrific. I have counseled people like that who only when they feel safe years later are able to start recalling things. It comes back sometimes in bits and pieces because it is so traumatic. If the brain unloaded it all at once it would be too much for the person to deal with. I've had kids in my counseling practice who were sexually molested by their parents, physically, emotionally, sexually. Neglected because their parents were out chasing after a high or a drug and neglecting to feed them, cloth them or take them to the doctor. It is a horrific violation of the spirit of a person. To make fun of the person is seriously stupid
there is a very good book out now called "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma" by Bessel van der Kolk. It's one of the best books I have read on the subject if you really want to learn more
I absolutely 100% believe that trauma can suppress memories, but if all you can remember is a face and a beer its just not evidence enough... until then he is presumed innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around.
I am also concerned for her not knowing if she took a lie detector test on the day of her mothers funeral, or if she even paid for it... Trauma doesn't make you forget recent details like that, I believe she was traumatized in the past by somebody at sometime somewhere but again it is lawful to presume his innocents until proven otherwise.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

How is it that we're missing the fact that Dr. Ford DID NOT have to come forward and break her anonymity? ANYONE on that committee could have gone to her and gotten her testimony. It's a full-on circus not because of Trump, but because she "didn't know" (and I believe no-one informed her - that was her testimony as well) that she could have done this another way. She has been victimized in this process as has Brett Kavanaugh and his family. To believe otherwise is to ignore the true effects of trauma and ignore the fact that everyone is affected. So is Trump lying when he says that Brett Kavanaugh and his family have been torn apart? Was Kavanaugh? Did he lie when he said his daughter prayed for Dr. Ford? Apparently, because everyone knows that if you drink to excess in high school and college you just don't turn out all that well.

It. Is. Tough. to deal with trauma and its after-effects. Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh have been thrust into a position where, by sheer force, they are being made to recount episodes in their lives they'd forgotten, stored away in memory, don't recall, or can't. Someone with no common sense leaked a confidential email between Dr. Ford and Sen. Feinstein to the press and set all this in motion. No. Common. Sense. I hope they find out who the idiot is and hang them out to dry. If that happened in the counselling profession, that person would be bagging groceries for the rest of their career

*As an aside [MENTION=59]jsimms435[/MENTION] - what do you suppose Dr. van der Kolk would have to say about Mr. Kavanaugh and his family from these events (and, yes, I am familiar with Dr. van der Kolk)

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How is it that we're missing the fact that Dr. Ford DID NOT have to come forward and break her anonymity? ANYONE on that committee could have gone to her and gotten her testimony. It's a full-on circus not because of Trump, but because she "didn't know" (and I believe no-one informed her - that was her testimony as well) that she could have done this another way. She has been victimized in this process as has Brett Kavanaugh and his family. To believe otherwise is to ignore the true effects of trauma and ignore the fact that everyone is affected. So is Trump lying when he says that Brett Kavanaugh and his family have been torn apart? Was Kavanaugh? Did he lie when he said his daughter prayed for Dr. Ford? Apparently, because everyone knows that if you drink to excess in high school and college you just don't turn out all that well.

It. Is. Tough. to deal with trauma and its after-effects. Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh have been thrust into a position where, by sheer force, they are being made to recount episodes in their lives they'd forgotten, stored away in memory, don't recall, or can't. Someone with no common sense leaked a confidential email between Dr. Ford and Sen. Feinstein to the press and set all this in motion. No. Common. Sense. I hope they find out who the idiot is and hang them out to dry. If that happened in the counselling profession, that person would be bagging groceries for the rest of their career

*As an aside [MENTION=59]jsimms435[/MENTION] - what do you suppose Dr. van der Kolk would have to say about Mr. Kavanaugh and his family from these events (and, yes, I am familiar with Dr. van der Kolk)

I would not consider what Judge Kavanaugh has been through to be trauma. Yes, it is difficult, but he should get use to that if he is going to be a Supreme Court judge. And he should be able to handle it better than he did.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I would not consider what Judge Kavanaugh has been through to be trauma. Yes, it is difficult, but he should get use to that if he is going to be a Supreme Court judge. And he should be able to handle it better than he did.

That's sad.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's sad.

I don't see how it is sad. That isn't trauma. That is being in the public eye and having your actions evaluated and that comes with the job he is applying for.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No that is being guilty without any proof and created stress not only for him but also on his wife and kids with absolutely no proof. In this case he is the victim here along with his family.

Top Bottom