• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Results 121 to 130 of 545

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Salvation - Part 2

    1. #121
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,327
      CH Challenge
      232
      CH Cash
      18,215
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,968
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.59%
      Rep Power
      427
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      You are certainly correct on this point. Nowhere in the New Testament is there an age requirement given for baptism, yet we are instructed that baptism is important for all people of all nations.

      But are we inferring something? And is it wrong to infer such?

      Our Anabaptist friend infers all over the place as, for example, when he infers that the household in question was absent minor children (for which there is no evidence or logic at all). And what is the reply to that criticism? Well, at that point, the idea is floated that the household referred to in scripture was made up of servants, visiting relatives, the homeowner's adult son who lived in the basement while looking for work, etc. -- anything but the most likely people, the minor children! And remember also that, for the verse to be correct, every last one of these consenting adults would have to have gone along with the decision made by the head of household, whereas there would be no such issue when it came to baptizing any minor children.
      .
      I am not inferring anything. I am saying the Bible is completely silent regarding infants being baptized. Use evidence to prove me wrong.

    2. #122
      Arsenios's Avatar
      Arsenios is online now Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Pacific North West
      Posts
      1,724
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      352
      CH Cash
      8,412
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,798
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      61.98%
      Rep Power
      123
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I am not inferring anything. I am saying the Bible is completely silent regarding infants being baptized. Use evidence to prove me wrong.
      Households include the children OF the Households...

      !!! NEXT !!!




      Arsenios

    3. #123
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,611
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Challenge
      695
      CH Cash
      22,508
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,291
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      56.99%
      Rep Power
      687
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsenios View Post
      Households include the children OF the Households...

      !!! NEXT !!!




      Arsenios
      Truly!

      I admire your optimism.

      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    4. #124
      Arsenios's Avatar
      Arsenios is online now Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Pacific North West
      Posts
      1,724
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      352
      CH Cash
      8,412
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,798
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      61.98%
      Rep Power
      123
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I am stating outright that the Bible is completely silent regarding whether infants were baptized.
      Households include infants in the households...

      If you say no, you must show it in Scripture...

      By your very own standards...

      The fact that you did not know Christ until becoming older
      does not make the Bible silent on infant Baptism...

      I mean, I am in your camp...
      I did not know Him till I was 37 years old...
      But His disciples Baptized infants...
      And you were not one of them...

      Arsenios

    5. #125
      Josiah's Avatar
      Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      6,916
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      270
      CH Cash
      118,030
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      71,625
      Level
      65
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      35.1%
      Rep Power
      916
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I am not inferring anything. I am saying the Bible is completely silent regarding infants being baptized.
      ... as it is about posting on the internet. But where is your DOGMA "Anti-Internet"
      ... as it is about Gentiles administering baptism. But where is your DOGMA "Anti-Gentilebaptism"
      ... as it is about women receiving communion. But where is your DOGMA "Anti-Women communion"
      ... as it is about youth pastors and youth groups. But where is your DOGMA "Anti-Youth"
      ... as it is about passing around Communion with little cut up pieces of Weber's White Bread" but where is your DOGMA "Anti-White Bread"
      ... as it is about loving blonde, blue-eyed Germans. But where is your DOGMA "Anti-Blonde"

      Get the idea? Dawning on you?

      You CLAIM you are against forming Dogmas from "silence" - where Scripture does not clearly state it. Okay. What you won't admit is that those wackedoodle German radical synergists invented (out of thin air) two new Baptism dogmas - Anti-Paedobaptism and Credobaptism which for many months you have been perfectly parroting, giving the verbatim spin of Anabaptist tradition, no matter how silly (and no matter that you yourself show YOU don't accept the arguments!). But when any asks, "Where does Scripture state that?" We get diversions and dodges by the zillions. NOW you seem to be willing to admit - Scripture is SILENT about these two dogmas invented by those synergistic Anabaptists - Anti-Paedobaptism and Credobaptism - the dogmas you've been defending, the defining dogmas of the Baptists.


      Because you are clearly opposed to Dogmas formed out of silence, because you insist the words of Scripture must teach it....
      You have been asked to present Scripture that states those under the age of X are prohibited to be baptized but, well, we all know...
      You have been asked to present Scripture that states those who have not yet made a testimony of faith are prohibited to be baptized, but, well, we all know...
      You have been asked to document your claim that "EVERY baptism is of those who FIRST believed" but there are those Scriptures you just dodge...
      You have been asked to document your claim that "EVERY baptism was of those over the age of X" but there are those Scriptures you just dodge...
      You have been asked about your whole premise that we can't do things that aren't recorded as done in the NT but all you do is post diversions on the internet (which is never recorded as done in the NT).


      I hope things are beginning to dawn on you, my friend. I think you have been parroting traditions you've not bothered to think about (especially as a MONERGIST!).... and I think maybe you've been trying to point one finger at others not realizing you are pointing 3 back at yourself. The Anabaptists were pretty wacky, my friend, and were radical synergists. You need to THINK before parroting their tradition. I think you've (occasionally) raised some valid points - but haven't applied them to yourself and your position.



      .
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

    6. #126
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,790
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      298
      CH Cash
      14,202
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,267
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.08%
      Rep Power
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I am not inferring anything.
      I gave you a few examples of you doing just that. More could have been provided if necessary to establish the point.

    7. #127
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,790
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      298
      CH Cash
      14,202
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      19,267
      Level
      39
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.08%
      Rep Power
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsenios View Post
      Households include infants in the households...

      If you say no, you must show it in Scripture...

      By your very own standards...

      Arsenios
      Exactly. But don't hold your breath thinking it will happen.

    8. #128
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,327
      CH Challenge
      232
      CH Cash
      18,215
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,968
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.59%
      Rep Power
      427
      Quote Originally Posted by Arsenios View Post
      Households include the children OF the Households...

      !!! NEXT !!!




      Arsenios
      Where do we read that children were baptized in those passages? You are forcing your prejudice upon the verse. When you find the verse where infants are shown being baptized, let me know.
      Until then, the Bible is utterly silent on the matter.

    9. #129
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      16,360
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      83
      CH Cash
      201,830
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (177,112 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      194,818
      Level
      92
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.6%
      Rep Power
      841
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      Where do we read that children were baptized in those passages? You are forcing your prejudice upon the verse. When you find the verse where infants are shown being baptized, let me know.
      Until then, the Bible is utterly silent on the matter.
      Where does the bible forbid infants to be baptized specifically? Name the verse.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    10. #130
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,327
      CH Challenge
      232
      CH Cash
      18,215
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,968
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.59%
      Rep Power
      427
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Where does the bible forbid infants to be baptized specifically? Name the verse.
      It never forbids the redeemed from being baptized.
      Is there even one instance of a redeemed baby being baptized in the Bible?
      David says he was born in sin.
      Do you baptize unregenerate person's without their consent? If so, why not baptize all humanity without their consent?
      Bottom line, there is zero evidence of infants being baptized in the Bible. At best you must infer and speculate on the matter.
      It is a dangerous thing to create a means of salvation from a speculation.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •