Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Seems like some people do not think that what the Lord, Jesus Christ, says in Matthew 25:31-46 is the last judgement for everybody. But when the passage is read with some care it cannot be about anything else. At least that is what I think.
Matthew 25:1-46 1 Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, Lord, lord, open to us. 12 But he answered, Truly, I say to you, I do not know you. 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

14 For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more. 21 His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master. 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more. 23 His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master. 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours. 26 But his master answered him, You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you? 40 And the King will answer them, Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

41 Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me. 44 Then they also will answer, saying, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you? 45 Then he will answer them, saying, Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me. 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Seems like some people do not think that what the Lord, Jesus Christ, says in Matthew 25:31-46 is the last judgement for everybody. But when the passage is read with some care it cannot be about anything else. At least that is what I think.
[MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION], what do you mean that people don't think the Last Judgment is for everybody?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In one of the stories it seems that he is talking about servants who are given responsibilities while the son is away. In the other passage it says that he is gathering the nations. That sounds a little different from each other. Like one is believers and the other is everyone

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
In one of the stories it seems that he is talking about servants who are given responsibilities while the son is away. In the other passage it says that he is gathering the nations. That sounds a little different from each other. Like one is believers and the other is everyone

Oh yes indeed. You are seeing it friend!
Matt 25:31-46 is definitely the Second Resurrection. The First has already happened, and the overcoming saints are WITH Christ at this point. The nations are then gathered before Him (them) and judged according to their works in this life. This correlates with John 5:28-29 and many other passages of Scripture. Those that have "done good" are welcomed into the Kingdom. Those who had "done evil" are cast without.

Don't let anyone talk you out of what the Spirit is showing you. Seek the Lord. He will give you wisdom to understand and strength to hold fast to the Truth.
Peace & Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh yes indeed. You are seeing it friend!
Matt 25:31-46 is definitely the Second Resurrection. The First has already happened, and the overcoming saints are WITH Christ at this point. The nations are then gathered before Him (them) and judged according to their works in this life. This correlates with John 5:28-29 and many other passages of Scripture. Those that have "done good" are welcomed into the Kingdom. Those who had "done evil" are cast without.

Don't let anyone talk you out of what the Spirit is showing you. Seek the Lord. He will give you wisdom to understand and strength to hold fast to the Truth.
Peace & Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus.
Doesn't that imply that non believers could also be gathered into the Elect because their deeds in this life were worthy of the Kingdom?
Not a trick question, but my understanding of that passage was that 'even "they" shall be judged accordingly to their works' means that there will be found some humble and righteous nonbelievers who have walked in the narrow path in complete ignorance of the Word.. it's a rather unpopular belief among the many believers but I assume God has complete control of His mercy on whomever He has mercy on.. what do you make of it?

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't that imply that non believers could also be gathered into the Elect because their deeds in this life were worthy of the Kingdom?
Not a trick question, but my understanding of that passage was that 'even "they" shall be judged accordingly to their works' means that there will be found some humble and righteous nonbelievers who have walked in the narrow path in complete ignorance of the Word.. it's a rather unpopular belief among the many believers but I assume God has complete control of His mercy on whomever He has mercy on.. what do you make of it?

Oh Yes! You are correct! These who are "welcomed into the Kingdom" are not of the Elect, but are the inheritance of those who overcame, were raised in the First Resurrection and "sat down with Christ on His Throne", and given "authority over the nations."

Sorry to keep posting videos of myself, but the Parable of the Sheep & Goats is an important one, and I shared recently the understanding that God gave me on that Parable. And if I understand what you believe about this, I'm fairly certain you will agree.
If you watch, please let me know what you think. I truly believe God is unveiling Truth in our day that has been hidden all along in His Word. But know is the time, and as Jesus did with His closest disciples, He is "opening our minds to understand the Scripture." (Luke 24:45)

https://youtu.be/MRhHoIAz_GY

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh Yes! You are correct! These who are "welcomed into the Kingdom" are not of the Elect, but are the inheritance of those who overcame, were raised in the First Resurrection and "sat down with Christ on His Throne", and given "authority over the nations."

Sorry to keep posting videos of myself, but the Parable of the Sheep & Goats is an important one, and I shared recently the understanding that God gave me on that Parable. And if I understand what you believe about this, I'm fairly certain you will agree.
If you watch, please let me know what you think. I truly believe God is unveiling Truth in our day that has been hidden all along in His Word. But know is the time, and as Jesus did with His closest disciples, He is "opening our minds to understand the Scripture." (Luke 24:45)

https://youtu.be/MRhHoIAz_GY
No problem Michael, I've watched your videos before and never had so much of a problem with them, I'll give this video a listen and let you know what I thought of it.
Keep doing what you are doing brother, I admire your patience in this day in age... I know I would never be able to throw my videos out there without being overly insecure of what others may think :)

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
[MENTION=1032]Michael[/MENTION]
Okay so I watched your video and this is what I gather.
*There are some righteous people who may have no affiliation with Jesus or identify themselves as "Christian" (ignorant to the Word/never heard the gospel) but have "clothed" "visited" "fed" "sheltered" (etc.) a member of the Body of Christ/Church (a minister/one in Christ)... and these people will be called righteous even though God had no specific calling for them to minister in His Church, they are good people who did Gods good works (or did good works) and they are welcomed because Jesus AND the Church (together as one) has judged them as righteous (Sheep)
*There are the goats (unrighteous) who will be barred eternally from Gods Kingdom and these include all those who practise unrighteousness aka an unrighteous lifestyle ("sexual immorality", "drug addictions", "drunkenness", "thieving/lying").. many of these will include believers who willingly ignored Gods calling to minister in His Church and fall short of perfection due to their wicked lifestyle.

So in the end as long as we love our neighbor (feed, clothe etc) and love God (protecting the body/Temple from taint of immortality) we are golden.

Is this a good summery of your teaching?

-----------

Although it does comfort me to hear that God welcomes all the meek and naturally goodly hospitable people into His Kingdom, I have to wonder why God doesn't just make everyone naturally meek, well mannered and hospitable (the exception)?
If I understand correctly, there are Christ like people walking amongst us that due to their ignorance of the Gospel they have no means to boast thus cannot be tempted by religious pride nor do the wiles of the devil tempt them astray.. I can't help but ponder on Christ's visit to Hades where he spoke the good news of the kingdom to the righteous (in paradise) so I don't see this as too far of a stretch actually.
It almost sounds like "just be a good person", and I have been better since I became a Christian, but if what you are teaching is true, how can I ever be certain if I am following Gods call to minister or not?? Im not apart of any church ministry and I'm always asking myself "what do I do?".. It almost seems like ignorance is bliss had I been an "exception" without going through death, burial and resurrection through Christ spiritually but was always a "good righteous person".
I guess I bring it up now because the video made me think, so I'm being extremely honest.
I'm at a point in my life where everything seems to be coming to a halt, im living back with my parents, my moms sick, no career, no family, in debt, a complete loss of direction, I wanted badly to get involved with my church at the time but they were too pushy with "evidence of the Spirit" and unitarianism I just could not agree with "you must speak in tongues and be anti Trinitarian"... it feels like I'm wasting away or don't know what to do or where to go.. so by implying that I may have missed my call and maybe be rejected doesn't bring me much comfort, I do sin because I do get angry and I do lie and am getting out of shape with my body and I feel drained, lazy and almost apathetic in nature, I repent constantly (feeling conviction) but I also had to cut my bipolar dose in half because of hives from a drug reaction.. so I feel a bit messy and not all that well, I hope you understand why I feel your lesson has caused me some doubt and if so could you offer some clarity and perhaps a lesson on "forgiveness" next time too? :)
Thanks for listening Michael! God bless

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
btw I didn't mean to insult your lesson, as if the video itself makes me doubt, it's a very good and honest lesson, the court outside of the temple is not to be measured by the angel for it is left unto the gentiles, I understand that well and all, I'm just asking questions about the "calling" that I may or may not be "missing in action" on.. :)

Top Bottom