ONLY ONE GOSPEL ? Or Not

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

It can be seen in verse 34 that the apostles had no understanding of the blood sacrifice and resurrection that Jesus was facing.
It is evident that there is not just one gospel.
It is only logical to uphold that the gospel they were presenting was not the same gospel Paul was preaching.
They were preaching the gospel that Jesus is the Son of God.
Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
They were preaching the gospel of the coming of the kingdom on earth.
Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
The gospel that Paul preaches is our gospel for today.This is the gospel by which we are saved.
15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15
We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
He was buried.
He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
All we have to do is believe the gospel.
Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

Top Bottom