Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
My doctor who monitors my diabetes was encouraging me to get a sensor and device that reads blood sugars without having to prick your finger. You get this sensor that you attach to the back of your arm and a device that you just have to wave in front of it and it reads your blood sugar. No finger pricks. My pharmacy told me that over the counter one costs $30 for a month worth of sensors. The professional version you have to have attached in the doctor's office, which isn't an option to me cause I am not going to the doctors every two weeks. It is too far away from where I work and live. It's called the Freestyle Libre Pro. I wonder if anyone on here uses it?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My doctor who monitors my diabetes was encouraging me to get a sensor and device that reads blood sugars without having to prick your finger. You get this sensor that you attach to the back of your arm and a device that you just have to wave in front of it and it reads your blood sugar. No finger pricks. My pharmacy told me that over the counter one costs $30 for a month worth of sensors. The professional version you have to have attached in the doctor's office, which isn't an option to me cause I am not going to the doctors every two weeks. It is too far away from where I work and live. It's called the Freestyle Libre Pro. I wonder if anyone on here uses it?

I have never heard of it but it sounds amazing. I would love to try it and see if it works for me. I HATE poking my finger. So I don't check my blood sugar at all anymore unless I'm at the hospital or doctors.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have never heard of it but it sounds amazing. I would love to try it and see if it works for me. I HATE poking my finger. So I don't check my blood sugar at all anymore unless I'm at the hospital or doctors.

Yeah, she's suppose to call me in the morning to discuss it. I'm going to try it. Apparently there is a professional model and a over the counter model. One lasts 10 days and the professional one is 14 days.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Is this the one from the tv commercial?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think if I ever needed one that I'd spend the extra money for this. When I was in the hospital they had to check my glucose levels and it was awful for the week I was in there. I can't imagine that being a daily routine of pricking fingers every few hours.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think if I ever needed one that I'd spend the extra money for this. When I was in the hospital they had to check my glucose levels and it was awful for the week I was in there. I can't imagine that being a daily routine of pricking fingers every few hours.

I've been pricking my fingers about 3-6 times a day depending on need for the last 15 years. The doctor's nurse told me today that the professional sensor is only worn for 14 days and that is it. It helps the doctor to adjust insulin levels. The other version is bought over the counter.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Keep us posted about this.... sounds like it might be a HUGE advance!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay, I put the sensor on my arm tonight. It takes a 12 hour start up and then you can scan your sensor whenever you want, so I can start scanning after 930 tomorrow morning. Whoever said that it doesn't hurt to put the sensor on is a lying dog. That is a needle in there

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did the initial pain go away yet?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did the initial pain go away yet?

Yes, I have gotten use to it being there now. It is actually quite nice not to have to prick my fingers. Plus, no more using test strips. I can see how this could be cost effective since if I was not using a good insurance plan test strips can go about a dollar a strip and I use about 4 or more a day

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I have heard of it a lot from groups on Facebook and at a Diabetes forum I frequent. Some people love it. I think it's a good idea. I was wondering how it stays on the arm and now I know. Personally, I can't afford it unless my insurance would pick it up.

Top Bottom