Help with diet

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I was told to not eat fatty meat or salt. I also have to eat many less carbs. Good foods are tuna, salmon, walnuts, avocados, lean meats, no red meat-it's loaded with fat, lots of nonstarchy veggies and salad food, extra virgin olive oil, poultry. Very small quantities of grain bread and grain pasta are okay.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I hope that it is going well Ruth, I know I would have a hard time sticking to that

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Don't have a pedometer but I can see about getting one.

My mother in law as well as my sister in law and brother in law are on the Keto diet and they have lot a lot of weight. I want to do it but I love food to much and too much of the "bad" foods. :(

I'm not sure about NASH, but I know with your diabetes you should be doing a high protein, low carb diet. I would suggest a good goal for you is to get at least 50 grams of protein a dad and do some cardio work such as walking or body weight exercises. There is a lot of free videos at various levels of ability on youtube regarding body weight exercises.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've personally never had an issue here (a few years ago, I actually tried to gain weight)... but in my previous employ, I had a coworker who lost over 100 pounds via two things: Weightwatchers (which he followed closely) and he got himself a coach at 24 hour fitness and with him worked out for 30 minutes every day before work. I don't recall how long it took him to loose the 100 pounds but he did keep it off - never leaving weightwatchers or the fitness program. His back and feet problems vanished... his blood sugar and blood pressure became normal, and best of all, the bedroom was great. He credited Weightwatchers and 24 Hour Fitness for it all - but I'm SURE there was a LOT of dedication to both involved.

Top Bottom