Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Not all my allergies are from childhood. Some of them started when I was at the age of 35 and I have no idea why. One of those things I was allergic to was pumpkins. I remember making pumpkin bread for an event at church and got hives all up and down my arms. For over 15 years I couldn't eat anything with pumpkin in it or even carve out pumpkins. Last week I tried pumpkin pie...NO HIVES!! I'm amazed. This morning I'm drinking pumpkin spice flavored coffee.

Have you ever had allergies just disappear? I can't wait to carve pumpkins with my daughter.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read an article yesterday on high histamine foods. Pumpkin is on the list. That really explains a lot!! I've been avoiding a lot of the other foods I used to eat that are also on the list (soy especially) so it could be that whenever I had my hives I had also had too much of the other high histamine foods in my system. The body can only handle so much before a reaction takes place. It's like a bucket filling up.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
That's surprising, but I didn't think something could go away like that either. A few years ago I'd started to become lactose intolerant - I hadn't been a big milk drinker, but started having more, and got some stomach upset from it where it hadn't effected me before. Pretty strange. I've been lucky on the food front, but pollens and grass set me off every spring and summer. It wouldn't bother me a bit if: A) the allergies disappeared, or B) Cottonwood trees disappeared

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's surprising, but I didn't think something could go away like that either. A few years ago I'd started to become lactose intolerant - I hadn't been a big milk drinker, but started having more, and got some stomach upset from it where it hadn't effected me before. Pretty strange. I've been lucky on the food front, but pollens and grass set me off every spring and summer. It wouldn't bother me a bit if: A) the allergies disappeared, or B) Cottonwood trees disappeared

How is your thyroid? I have Hashimoto's disease and dairy can cause inflammation. Are you really lactose intolerant or is there inflammation? I avoid dairy except for a couple times throughout the month where I'll allow milk in pancake mix (my own homemade mix), an ice cream cone and cheese on pizza. Other than that I avoid dairy.

I have really bad cottonwood allergies that I've had since a teenager. I wish that would go away!!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I hadn't thought about inflammation - what type of symptoms? I've only experienced some gastrointestinal issues when I drink milk, and Lactaid seems to resolve it to a degree

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
https://unboundwellness.com/hashimotos-symptoms-checklist-with-printable-pdf/

The link above gives some insight on Hashimoto's. It mostly affects women but a male friend of mine has it. He had a lot of the symptoms on the list.

There are certain foods that people with Hashimoto's should avoid because it makes symptoms worse. Dairy is on that list...all high iodine foods are on the list too.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wish some of my allergies would disappear. When one of my doctors asked me what I was allergic to i told him to look outside and if he saw anything green, brown or yellow that I am allergic to that. It doesn't leave much out and I'm not exaggerating

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wish some of my allergies would disappear. When one of my doctors asked me what I was allergic to i told him to look outside and if he saw anything green, brown or yellow that I am allergic to that. It doesn't leave much out and I'm not exaggerating

Which allergy medicine works best for you? I take Allegra when I need. I'm allergic to some allergy meds :eek:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Which allergy medicine works best for you? I take Allegra when I need. I'm allergic to some allergy meds :eek:

I have to take over the counter meds for several days before they start to really work. Most will make me sleepy, so I just take Claritin for a few days and that helps some.
I've had sinus surgery and allergy shots and neither of those helped much. The surgery helped for about six months and then it was like I never did it.
Of course, we have cats at home and I'm allergic to them.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Another thing that used to make my throat close up but now I can have is TEA!! Wow. It's been 5 years only for that allergy but I'm glad it's gone.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My biggest allergies are tobacco, pine trees and cat hair.
And I grew up in an area known for pine trees and we had cats then also, so it was rather rough sometimes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My biggest allergies are tobacco, pine trees and cat hair.
And I grew up in an area known for pine trees and we had cats then also, so it was rather rough sometimes

Pine trees get to me too and I love walking in the forest!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The only allergies I have had are to medicines, oh yeah, sometimes grass bothers me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The only allergies I have had are to medicines, oh yeah, sometimes grass bothers me.

Medicinal allergies can be so dangerous especially when you don't know about them until they occur! I have medicinal allergies too and my doctors had a hard time figuring out which antibiotic to give me after surgery. I put it in my phone so I know when asked in the future :D

Top Bottom