Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What would it be like to meet a truly innocent man, one who tells no lies, uses not deceit, is not subtle or sneaky, speaks truth without admixture. A man who does not know what evil is, cannot even begin to act wickedly, will always keep his promises. A man who will give generously because he knows that he owns nothing and yet has everything. A man who gives himself fully, without reservation, and whose attention is undivided.
For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever. (Hebrews 7:26-28)
After meeting a man like that would change be necessary, motivated, implemented?
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labour in vain. Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me. (Philippians 2:12-18)
Innocence like that is a double edged sword to a people used to telling lies, acting with deceit, being sneaky, only fleetingly familiar with truth, people constantly assailed by their own wickedness, unfaithful to promises made, greedy and possessive, hungry for fame, power, influence over and with others.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What would it be like to truly meet an innocent man, well, we have such a man who saves us and they call him wonderful.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What would it be like to truly meet an innocent man, well, we have such a man who saves us and they call him wonderful.

We do, and is there any consequence or consequences that follow from meeting him?

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We do, and is there any consequence or consequences that follow from meeting him?

Could be faith could be no faith could be a seed planted only God knows.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Could be faith could be no faith could be a seed planted only God knows.

Fair enough.

Meeting Jesus did sometimes provoke faith and sometimes it provoked resentment but most of the time it had only a short term effect and then people forgot about him.

Top Bottom