Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The only sense I can make out of this thought is that we are all grafted in and therefore part of the vine and in that sense we are all who believe Jews

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The only sense I can make out of this thought is that we are all grafted in and therefore part of the vine and in that sense we are all who believe Jews
Better than “Jews”, we are the “True Israel” grafted into the “True Vine”. Modern Jews are all branches that were cast off because they bore no fruit (rejected the True Vine) and those ancient Jews (like Peter, Paul, John) who embraced “messiah” became True Israel (the Church) along with we who were grafted in (Gentiles).

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why anyone would think that the Lord's Supper is for the Jews only when Christ died for all when he sacrificed himself for our sins on the cross and made it clear he came for the gentiles and not only the Jews.
The "all" must be limited to all whom God has redeemed, otherwise many would participate in the Lord's Supper as blasphemers of Christ.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The "all" must be limited to all whom God has redeemed, otherwise many would participate in the Lord's Supper as blasphemers of Christ.

I submit to that as being truth and I didn't clearly think through my response.

Top Bottom