Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
CNN)Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court Tuesday to eight criminal counts and implicated Trump himself in a remarkable courtroom moment.
Cohen admitted that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office," he kept information that would have harmed Trump from becoming public during the 2016 election cycle.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/michael-cohen-plea-deal-talks/index.html

things seem to be getting much worse for the President lately

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Not a big surprise at all

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Notice how the Russia-Trump Collusion conspiracy theory that was what Mueller was supposed to be investigating is nowhere to be found.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Notice that the president is guilty of something seems like that is being swept under the rug. If he was not president he would have already been charged.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Interestingly enough, I've noticed the opposite, despite the fevered rush by the anti-Trump crowd to get to their computer keyboards this morning.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Believe it or not I am not anti Trump, I am just anti bullys and liars. Also not a fan of a few other things he is doing. Sad that our country has come to this

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Believe it or not I am not anti Trump, I am just anti bullys and liars. Also not a fan of a few other things he is doing. Sad that our country has come to this

Actually, I was speaking very generally there, having noticed the proliferation of giddy posts and new threads on several different discussion boards this morning.

On the other hand, if you want anyone to think you are not anti-Trump yourself--as you protest is the case--who were you referring to when saying you are not a fan of bullys [sic] and liars and "a few other things he is doing?"

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I was speaking very generally there, having noticed the proliferation of giddy posts and new threads on several different discussion boards this morning.

On the other hand, if you want anyone to think you are not anti-Trump yourself--as you protest is the case--who were you referring to when saying you are not a fan of bullys [sic] and liars and "a few other things he is doing?"
To me that is Trump, as a person I think he is morally bankrupt but I also thought that of Clinton.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Notice how the Russia-Trump Collusion conspiracy theory that was what Mueller was supposed to be investigating is nowhere to be found.

Campaign contributions fraud is not conspiracy as you say but it is a crime and Mr Cohen has implicated Donald Trump in it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
But, believe it or not, you are not anti-Trump. :huh:

That's what you wrote.
Stating an honest opinion is not anti anyone it is simply truth.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Campaign contributions fraud is not conspiracy as you say but it is a crime and Mr Cohen has implicated Donald Trump in it.

Yeh, we all got that part.

That all the speculation relating to the president isn't anything but that--speculation--is the more important part.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Stating an honest opinion is not anti anyone it is simply truth.

You really don't know what the term you used means, do you?

OK, I need not have called it to your attention in that case.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yeh, we all got that part.

That all the speculation relating to the president isn't anything but that--speculation--is the more important part.

Mr Cohen has information implicating Donald Trump in criminal conspiracy with Russians. Not yet reported upon in detail. The testimony will be given in a later court case.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mr Cohen has information implicating Donald Trump in criminal conspiracy with Russians. Not yet reported upon in detail. The testimony will be given in a later court case.

Source??

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To me that is Trump, as a person I think he is morally bankrupt but I also thought that of Clinton.

I felt that way also. i didn't think either deserved my vote.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So far there's nothing to connect this to Russia. It was a campaign violation. There's virtually no doubt about the violation. What I'm not so clear about is exactly what the President's involvement is.

As I recall, this indictment isn't from Mueller. He alerted a normal prosecutor that he had come across evidence suggesting that Cohen had done things not directly relevant to the Russia investigation.

The only connection with Russia at this stage is rumors. I find rumors like that interesting, but I have no way to judge how reliable they are. Or more to the point, whether the involvement with Russia is more serious than what is already known.

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So far there's nothing to connect this to Russia. It was a campaign violation. There's virtually no doubt about the violation. What I'm not so clear about is exactly what the President's involvement is.

As I recall, this indictment isn't from Mueller. He alerted a normal prosecutor that he had come across evidence suggesting that Cohen had done things not directly relevant to the Russia investigation.

The only connection with Russia at this stage is rumors. I find rumors like that interesting, but I have no way to judge how reliable they are. Or more to the point, whether the involvement with Russia is more serious than what is already known.

Mr Cohen acted under the instructions of Mr Trump in the campaign finance violations matters. That would be the President's involvement - directing that illegal activities be undertaken.

Criminal conspiracy regarding Russia has not yet been detailed by Mr Cohen nor my Mr Mueller.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mr Cohen acted under the instructions of Mr Trump in the campaign finance violations matters.

I asked you for a source for this information and you couldn't offer any. So if you cannot...let it go and we will all find out the facts of the matter in due course.

Even Cohen's own attorney, Lanny Davis, said today that it could come down to his client's word versus the President's word. Of course, he hadn't read your posts here yet.

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I asked you for a source for this information and you couldn't offer any.

I did, the source is Mr Cohen. It was reported on the radio news in Australia. There was a sound bite. None of this is coming from me, it is just what the media reports. From Donald's perspective it all comes from "the enemies of the people" meaning the free press and other media, especially CNN apparently, and MSNBC too, but Fox is all goodness and light seemingly from Donald's perspective. The radio news I heard is ABC in Australia (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) which is like the BBC only in Oz.

There's also fairly lengthy coverage on PBS Newshour.

So if you cannot...let it go and we will all find out the facts of the matter in due course.

Even Cohen's own attorney, Lanny Davis, said today that it could come down to his client's word versus the President's word. Of course, he hadn't read your posts here yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom