Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
As most of you know, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few months ago. I started using a CPAP machine in May 2018. The first ten days or so I barely got any sleep. I wear a full face mask because of my sinus problems I was not able to use the one just for the nose. It is difficult to sleep with it on, especially at first, but now I am use to it.
I went and saw my doctor two weeks ago and he said I was doing great and my numbers are right where they need to be at 4.1 AHI which is good because you want under 5. Though my numbers have been higher the last two weeks, I don't know why. One night it was 17.9 which is worse than when I had my sleep study, but I may have been a little sick that night. Anyway, overall it has been a good experience and I can really tell my quality of sleep is much better.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As most of you know, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few months ago. I started using a CPAP machine in May 2018. The first ten days or so I barely got any sleep. I wear a full face mask because of my sinus problems I was not able to use the one just for the nose. It is difficult to sleep with it on, especially at first, but now I am use to it.
I went and saw my doctor two weeks ago and he said I was doing great and my numbers are right where they need to be at 4.1 AHI which is good because you want under 5. Though my numbers have been higher the last two weeks, I don't know why. One night it was 17.9 which is worse than when I had my sleep study, but I may have been a little sick that night. Anyway, overall it has been a good experience and I can really tell my quality of sleep is much better.

I remember on FB you mentioned something else that happened to you (for privacy I won't state the details) so it's possible it had an impact on your sleeping too?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Glad your sleep quality is better. Praying for you. :pray:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I remember on FB you mentioned something else that happened to you (for privacy I won't state the details) so it's possible it had an impact on your sleeping too?

No, this has been going on for the last week or two. I just checked my sleep report from last night and it was back down to 4.0 which is where it should be.
I turned off the RAMP on the device about a week ago. RAMP means that it starts with a low level of air pressure for a certain period of time and then when your asleep it gradually increases pressure as you need it. Since it has an auto detect feature I didn't think it needed the RAMP. It's possible it just took a few days for my body to get use to that.

Top Bottom