God is at work in your life, He will grant you your desires if you believe.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
May God give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed in Jesus name. Amen. Psalm 20:4
#livingwordchannel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is this a promise without conditions? No, it is not. This is for the person who is abiding in Him.
God is not a lucky charm or rabbits foot

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have moved this thread so discussion can happen.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
May God give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed in Jesus name. Amen. Psalm 20:4
#livingwordchannel

A false, dangerously false, statement.
God is not a genie. He does not bow to the wishes of humans...no matter how persistent they are.
Paul begged God to remove his thorn in the flesh, yet God responded by saying "my grace is sufficient for you."
When Jesus taught us to pray he said, "Our Father, which art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread..."
Nowhere do we find humans demanding of God to give us our desires of the heart. Nowhere do we find that our desires are denied because we didn't conjure up our faith to demand God act because we will God to do so.
Such a thought is man-centered, self-centered and demeaning of God as the Sovereign King.
I utterly reject the OPs statement as unbiblical and worldly. All Christians should heartily reject it as false teaching.
Take this "Joel Osteen" heresy and throw it in hell where it belongs.

Rikelly

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
God is not a genie. He does not bow to the wishes of humans...no matter how persistent they are.
Paul begged God to remove his thorn in the flesh, yet God responded by saying "my grace is sufficient for you."
When Jesus taught us to pray he said, "Our Father, which art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread..."
Nowhere do we find humans demanding of God to give us our desires of the heart. Nowhere do we find that our desires are denied because we didn't conjure up our faith to demand God act because we will God to do so.
Such a thought is man-centered, self-centered and demeaning of God as the Sovereign King.
I utterly reject the OPs statement as unbiblical and worldly. All Christians should heartily reject it as false teaching.
You are the one who don't understand the word of God. You lack understanding...

Speaking of heresies, didn't you read the scriptures?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

I pointed out the scriptures in my post. Your assertion is entirely non-biblical and demeaning toward God.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

We know that God does not contradict himself, so other scriptures will confirm what it says in Psalm 20:4. It helps to get a better understanding of the passage to see how to interpret it by looking at other passages. For example Matthew 6:33 says
33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
You notice it first says that the person is to seek first His kingdom and his righteousness. This is talking about the person's priorities. It is in the middle of a passage about anxiety and not worrying about the things of this world such as food, clothing and daily needs. It says that the Father knows what you need before you even ask. The promise "all these things will be given to you as well." is directly connected to the person who is first seeking the kingdom and His righteousness.
It is talking about food and clothing, not fancy houses, pools or luxury vacations. The basic idea behind it is that God knows how to care for His children

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
As I see it, it is knowing the will of God for you and praying it into your life, that will be answered prayer. I agree that if it isnt Gods will for you to have a million dollars then that prayer would not be answered positively. For all prayer is answered, its just that sometimes its no

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Kinda strongly worded and yet oh so true dat. God ain't a vending machine.

Top Bottom