Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
People are careful to preserve … themselves.

If theology is part of personal identity then it is likely that it will be carefully preserved too.

Acts 2:38 Peter answered: “Each of you must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins may be forgiven. Then, you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise of God was made to you and your children, and to all those from afar, whom our God may call.” 40 With many other words Peter gave the message; and appealed to them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 41 So, those who accepted his word were baptized; some three thousand persons were added to their number that day.

Mark 16:14 Later Jesus showed himself to the Eleven while they were at table. He reproached them for their unbelief, and hardness of heart, in refusing to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. • 15 Then he told them, “Go out to the whole world and proclaim the Good news to all creation. 16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; the one who refuses to believe will be condemned. 17 Signs like these will accompany those who have believed: in my name they will cast out demons and speak new languages; 18 they will pick up snakes, and if they drink anything poisonous, they will be unharmed; they will lay their. hands on the sick, and they will be healed.” 19 So then, after speaking to them, the Lord Jesus was taken up into heaven and took his place at the right hand of God. 20 The Eleven went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that accompanied it.

Luke 24: 44 Then Jesus said to them, “Remember the words I spoke to you when I was still with you: Everything written about me in the law of Moses, in the prophets and in the psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said, 46 “So it was written: the Messiah had to suffer, and on the third day rise from the dead. 47 Then repentance and forgiveness in his name would be proclaimed to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 And that is why I will send you what my Father promised. So remain in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” 50 Jesus led them almost as far as Bethany; then he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 And as he blessed them, he withdrew, and was taken to heaven. 52 They worshiped him, and then returned to Jerusalem full of joy; 53 and they were continually in the temple, praising God.

Matthew 28:16 As for the eleven disciples, they went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw Jesus, they bowed before him, although some doubted. 18 ”All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teach them to observe all that I have commanded you. I am with you always, even to the end of the world.

Be careful to preserve the message that the Lord Jesus Christ preached. Don't cut it back, don't shrink it down, don't expand it, explain it if you are careful to preserve it in your explanation. Do not make your theology the thing that you're careful to preserve. Make it the gospel message given by Jesus Christ.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Careful to preserve the Gospel, amen to that as long as it's not a gospel of works.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Careful to preserve the Gospel, amen to that

Anem and amen. Careful to preserve the gospel of Jesus Christ. Never shrinking from it, never editing it, never removing from it nor adding to it.

as long as it's not a gospel of works.

Careful to do the good works that God calls the faithful to do. Never shying away from them.

Top Bottom