Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Which is better, iOS or Android?

And do you miss Windows Phone?

I thought it was really good that Windows Phones got updates for security for years after their purchase date. I think that those who still use them get security updates even now and it's been a year or more since Windows Phones stopped being promoted (and made?).

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Which is better, iOS or Android?

And do you miss Windows Phone?

I thought it was really good that Windows Phones got updates for security for years after their purchase date. I think that those who still use them get security updates even now and it's been a year or more since Windows Phones stopped being promoted (and made?).

I prefer Android, largely because I don't really want Apple telling me what I can and can't do with the phone they expected me to pay big money for.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I prefer Android, largely because I don't really want Apple telling me what I can and can't do with the phone they expected me to pay big money for.

Their phones are very expensive. Too expensive for me. I manage with China phones that are fairly cheap.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Their phones are very expensive. Too expensive for me. I manage with China phones that are fairly cheap.

I don't understand the mentality of standing in line to be the first to drop $1000+ on a phone. But then I guess if a phone is a status symbol rather than a functional device and you want to show off how much cash you burned it makes more sense.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't understand the mentality of standing in line to be the first to drop $1000+ on a phone. But then I guess if a phone is a status symbol rather than a functional device and you want to show off how much cash you burned it makes more sense.

Now it looks like Apple Inc has decided to make an Apple Watch that monitors heart health and can detect abnormalities, falls, and other events that may need ambulance help. But to get any of those functions you NEED, absolutely NEED an iPhone. That seems like an oddly self serving choice from the company.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have never looked into the resale market of an iPhone...are they reasonable for purchasing a used one?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have never looked into the resale market of an iPhone...are they reasonable for purchasing a used one?

I do not know but people online say that an iPhone retains value well.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Now it looks like Apple Inc has decided to make an Apple Watch that monitors heart health and can detect abnormalities, falls, and other events that may need ambulance help. But to get any of those functions you NEED, absolutely NEED an iPhone. That seems like an oddly self serving choice from the company.

Oddly self-serving? It's hardly surprising that to use one Apple doodad you need another. It's not like Apple is the first company out there to make lots of different doodads that only work if you link them to other doodads made by the same company.

If anything it would show a remarkable public spiritedness for Apple to allow their fancy watch to link to an Android phone, given they have no control over just what flavor of Android it might be using, what assorted tweaks and hacks might have been applied and the like.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oddly self-serving? It's hardly surprising that to use one Apple doodad you need another. It's not like Apple is the first company out there to make lots of different doodads that only work if you link them to other doodads made by the same company.

If anything it would show a remarkable public spiritedness for Apple to allow their fancy watch to link to an Android phone, given they have no control over just what flavor of Android it might be using, what assorted tweaks and hacks might have been applied and the like.

It is odd from the perspective of the publicity Apple Inc gave to the watch as a health benefiting device but you are right to say it is not odd from a profit making perspective. One hopes that Android device makers have similar software and sensors in their wearable devices.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
iOS for me. Even though their phones, tablets, and computers are on the pricy side, I would definitely have to opt-in for iOS. Their software comes with built-in antivirus, a secure app store, and a sleek-looking design.

Top Bottom