Miracles of today

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Surely there must be miracles happening today that contain documented evidence and not word of mouth or faked videos on Youtube, have you any evidence so that we can praise God for his greatness?

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Physicians who have encountered amazing changes within patients do not attribute those happenings as miracles and writing about them as if they were would discredit their names in any legitimate publishings. Physicians prefer to explain events as speculating that there must be explainable reasons that science has yet dealt with.

The miracles in the bible were not even as many if adding up the years of how long mankind has existed and Jesus' miracles were to prove his divinity and he went out preaching to large groups and did not always heal the sick. His disciples went through hellish extremes and were not always saved by miracles from their ordeals so we cannot expect that all believers will have a miracle experience only because he believes in God.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Surely there must be miracles happening today that contain documented evidence and not word of mouth or faked videos on Youtube, have you any evidence so that we can praise God for his greatness?
You breathe. Thank God for that moment by moment miracle. God keeps you alive, despite your sins against Him. That is a miracle.
You're welcome. [emoji56]

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Happens every day. You just dont hear as much about that. People are healed every day that therre is no reason why for, things happen and people survive all sorts of things that therre is no scientific explanation for. Problem is that to many are grounded in the world rather than in God and poo poo anything that they cant explain. It is called faith and I have faith that my God can and will do that which is impossible for man

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

You know it's hard to trust any evidence found on the internet right and that's why there aren't reputable sources documenting accurate claims because they can dispute many of the claims being made and the charlatans who say they can heal but those same people show up at the next revival as actors ready to be healed again. It's like you can't even trust Christians anymore.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You breathe. Thank God for that moment by moment miracle. God keeps you alive, despite your sins against Him. That is a miracle.
You're welcome. [emoji56]

Yup. The very fact that we're alive is a miracle (of mercy, no less).... Every food we eat is a miracle. Witness a baby being born.... witness the sun rise.... MIRACLES!

I think the "problem" is that some only regard something an act of God when it's either 1) TERRIBLE and not covered by insurance or 2) Something that circumvents everything but happens ANYWAY. I think a miracle is anything God does, however He does it.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

- Josiah

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yup. The very fact that we're alive is a miracle (of mercy, no less).... Every food we eat is a miracle. Witness a baby being born.... witness the sun rise.... MIRACLES!

I think the "problem" is that some only regard something an act of God when it's either 1) TERRIBLE and not covered by insurance or 2) Something that circumvents everything but happens ANYWAY. I think a miracle is anything God does, however He does it.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

- Josiah

I find your definition of miracle somewhat differing from mine which would be in the simplest terms a highly improbable event and with that definition breathing is probable and also the sun rising. Are there any highly improbable events you may have heard of or witnessed that could also be documented and proven to have happened?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I do believe that miracles happen today. I don't believe they happen as often as people claim though. And I can't find proof :(

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Personally I think the greatest thing about many miracles is that they are witnessed by people right there and then and serve a specific purpose right there and then.

Take the lame man in Acts 3. Peter and John spoke to him, commanded him to rise in the name of Jesus, and he was healed. Everybody knew that man was lame, everybody could see he was now leaping and jumping and praising God, so everybody could see that something very unusual had happened.

What if such a thing happened today? Firstly it's unlikely that you'd have a low-key local marketplace where the lame man would sit and beg every single day for years. If he's only been there a couple of months nobody knows for sure whether he really is lame or if he's one of the beggars you read about on the news who is just trying it on. And assuming he were genuine, if he were healed there would be Christians posting about it on social media wondering why nobody took it seriously (when none of those people knew anything about it, other than a wild claim) and others assuming he was some kind of stooge. Precious few people would have any evidence to support their claim.

And then you get the ones labelled the great speakers and great ministers of the day whose web sites are full of grand claims of people who have been healed by THEIR ministry, by THEIR prayers and fasting and the like. Quite aside from the way the focus mysteriously shifts away from God and onto THEIR ministry and outreach programs, it's meaningless. When I see the claim on their web site, even if they've got scans of medical notes, I have no way of knowing if they are genuine. And sometimes they make the whole thing even more abstract because the healing was in some remote village in a developing nation where they don't have doctors in the way we do in the western world.

Even aside from all this, is anything stopping us praising God for his greatness without tangible evidence that a miracle happened somewhere else, to someone else?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I find your definition of miracle somewhat differing from mine which would be in the simplest terms a highly improbable event and with that definition breathing is probable and also the sun rising. Are there any highly improbable events you may have heard of or witnessed that could also be documented and proven to have happened?

If I were to describe one thing I witnessed it's debatable whether people would believe it, simply because it is so very improbable.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
One I will share is many years ago I attended a church where a woman belonged that was dying of cancer and had a short time to live, she was in hospital and when they checked her she was cancer free, no explanation other than God, no reason for her to be healed. Due to this healing when she was strong enough to attend church again 53 of her family members came with her for they didnt need anyone to tell them from where her healing came from.

Top Bottom