• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Denomination & Faith Movement Discussions - Thread: Catholic priests continue sexual abuse

Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      Divorced
      John 15:5

Mood:
      Innocent

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.73%
      The fact that the Vatican has issued the statement " no comment" in response to the Pennsylvania report https://nypost.com/2018/08/16/vatica...-abuse-report/ actually speaks volumes. This scandal has been going on for decades and all of the hush- hush money in the world is not going to silence the growing chorus of victims who are at this late date discovering that they have a voice. I reject and condemn the attitude that defrocking some of these priests and shuffling others around to innocent dioceses with no further consequences is an appropriate action to take. Prosecutions need to happen on a far wider scale than they have been. Corruption needs to be cut out from the root, heck the whole hierarchical system centered at the Vatican needs to be reexamined. It's not only the sexual abuse and the subsequent cover- ups, but also any abuse of spiritual authority and lack of accountability that needs to be addressed. I understand that the Roman Catholic Church is not the only church that has to contend with issues like this ( Original Sin and its consequences are endemic to mankind and not confined to one institution, Christian or not), but it has been hitting most of the headlines.

On account of that, prayer for those souls who have been victimized as well as prayers for the souls of the predators should be said. Evil can be repented of, with the grace and help of God, but evil at the scale described in the article I referenced also calls for legal consequences. Once the innocence of a child is lost, it can never be recovered. Jesus Himself said, " temptations are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin" ( Luke 17:1-2). The sin in this case belongs to the corrupt clerics rather than the children, but the effects of such wickedness on the faith and life of these poor kids is obviously going to be devastating.

2. Likes Josiah liked this post
      Krissy Cakes is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.91%
      When I read about this last night I was filled with anger and so much sadness.

Hidden Content

█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂
      ▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █​

4. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
      Wilhemena is offline Junior Member
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.68%
      Pushing these heinous acts under the rug should no longer be acceptable and every priest, bishop, cardinal and pope with knowledge of these crimes and have done nothing should be held accountable. What is being done outside of the church in punishing these dastardly men?

TurtleHare is offline Prodigy Member
      Yoyo

Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,719 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      42.87%
      They got some of the photos up on the news of these fellas that did these things to kids and one of them even used whips on the poor children. I mean, sick to the core, am I right?
      If you want to rile people up then go to a Christian site and give God ALL the glory for your salvation.