Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
HOUSTON, TX—Ahead of each broadcast of his inspiring messages, prosperity gospel preacher Joel Osteen now reminds his viewers that the opinions he expresses are his own and do not reflect those of Jesus Christ or the Bible in any way.
The disclaimer appears just before Osteen begins delivering his upbeat moral lessons, which he says are “not to be confused with biblical sermons.”

“Before we get started this morning, I just want to remind everybody that the views and opinions I’m about to express are entirely my own and also entirely made up. They do not necessarily reflect the viewpoints of television station you’re watching, and they most certainly do not reflect the viewpoints of Jesus at all,” he said in the pre-recorded message, first broadcast last Sunday. “Furthermore, I want to remind viewers in our audience at home that I have many years of training in absolutely mangling these Bible verses, and you shouldn’t try this at home.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/joel-os...own-and-do-not-reflect-those-of-jesus-christ/

It would be nice if there was a disclaimer

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Thanks for sharing! Love these babylonbee satires... always funny and typically a good point!

Top Bottom