Observing Sabbath

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
How do you observe your Sabbath, do you worship on Saturday or Sunday and do you abstain from work?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I worship on Sunday and no I don't observe a Sabbath where I don't work. That is Old Testament law and I am not under law, but under grace

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's my understanding that Jesus Christ IS the "Rest" aka Sabbath. The old testament Law of the Sabbath/Saturday was that as God rested so should man, work on saturday was prohibited but Jesus Christ was accused of Working on Sabbath.
If it had anything to do with Church attendance then what does that say for the daily temple/church attendence we read in Acts? Also, the believers make up the church. Keep in mind that there was only one temple to worship at, after the destruction of the temple believers gathered together wherever 2 or 3 attend and thus the Body of Christ/Church was established to the ends of the Earth.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I won't work a job on a Sunday but I will do things around the house for my family because it's gotta get done somehow and hard to do during the week.

Top Bottom