Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Why isn't there marriage in Heaven?

Is there scriptures to back it up?

This has been on my heart lately so I thought I asked.

Thank you. :angel:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My THEORY would be that biblically, marriage is strongly connected to having children. In fact, I think a case could be made that there is no marriage unless there is at least an establishing sexual intercourse and that at least one purpose of intercourse is children. There will be no births in heaven, thus no sex and thus no marriage? Now, I COULD say a lot about heaven and sex but I won't.

Now, that didn't at all answer the question, did it?! WHY no births in heaven? I don't know.... (there theoretically COULD have been in the Garden).

I think the other GREAT benefits of marriage will exist among all people in heaven and no be limited to one man and one woman.

Just my less than half-cent non-answer.

- Josiah

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That's because the GRAND Marriage takes place in Heaven :)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
That's because the GRAND Marriage takes place in Heaven :)
Indeed, the imagery of us being the bride and Christ being the bridegroom expresses a greater relationship with God than we have ever known so that human marriage and intimacy is not needed.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I think there are a lot of reasons there won't be marriage in heaven. In 1 Cor 7, Paul talks about how a married person's interests are divided, but someone who is not married is concerned about the Lord's affairs. When we are in the Kingdom, and in the presence of the Almighty, and when we are with Jesus, I can't see any of us being all that concerned about sex or marriage. I think my whole being will be wrapped up in Jesus and in serving him, praising him.

The Bible also talks about there being no Jew or Gentile, slave nor free, male nor female, as we are all one in Christ. As one, we are the Bride...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Matthew 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Here on earth marriage separates us into couples and that won't be needed in heaven since we will truly be one body there with God.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed, the imagery of us being the bride and Christ being the bridegroom expresses a greater relationship with God than we have ever known so that human marriage and intimacy is not needed.

The foreshadowing of what we call marriage is indeed the imagery God uses for bride and bridegroom which is never ending.

Top Bottom