Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Why am I posting this here you ask?
Well because the Flat Earth Society's main supporters are Christians.
They believe in the literal two lights (sun and moon) the stationary or fixed unmovable Earth and the surrounding firmament dome that separates the waters.
Hebrews have believed this for a long time.

Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Isaiah 11:12
*He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.

Job 37:18
can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?

Job 28:24
for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and. fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Mathew 4:8
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

Now we have a dilemma because either the book is wrong or science is wrong.
This is the dilemma the Flat Earthers faced and its exactly why they became Flat Earthers.

The Bible just happens to never say the Earth is Flat or Round, I happen to believe that the Earth is Flat AND round... Flat on it, round off it... The Sun is a light and the Moon is like a reflector of the sun so like a night light.
The firmament is our atmosphere and thus the world is stationary along with it, unmovable so to speak.
Sitting outside in an open plain and looking up at sky I can see a dome... So before flight it would have been unnecessary to go into detail from Gods perspective and say "Adam, check it out, I made the Earth round lol trippy huh?"
But God did give us the details we did need by saying that the stars will be signs for the seasons :)
We went to the moon, and we saw the round ball earth, something God sees without a space suit.
The moon phases are absolutely beautiful! Every relation from the moons orbit and our orbit and Jupiter fending off those pesky comets and just blows my mind how rare this goldy locks haven is in this vast universe. We even get little glimpse of the round earths shadow against the moon.
The Earth is a closed system, we still cannot send humans out of low earth orbit because it's that solid.
But if God wills that our technology allows us to explore beyond then maybe we will all have the privilege to explore his many rooms.

....or the Earth is just flat and everyone is lying to us

Discuss?

Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Could a moderator fix the thread title for me? Thanks :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I fixed the title :)

The only flat earthers I know of are not Christian. I had no idea the Flat Earth Society was mainly Christian. On the Flat Earth Society's discussion board the majority of members are not Christian...just perusing and here is a thread: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9077.0

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I fixed the title :)

The only flat earthers I know of are not Christian. I had no idea the Flat Earth Society was mainly Christian. On the Flat Earth Society's discussion board the majority of members are not Christian...just perusing and here is a thread: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9077.0
I dont know any personally but just from youtube and and a few facebook pages, they plea their case a lot with the bible.
Oh and thank you :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I dont know any personally but just from youtube and and a few facebook pages, they plea their case a lot with the bible.
Oh and thank you :)

I want to search out these Christians. I have heard a couple people accuse Christians of believing in flat earth but they must be extremely radical and in the minority.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I want to search out these Christians. I have heard a couple people accuse Christians of believing in flat earth but they must be extremely radical and in the minority.
You know it would be a neat idea to invite some of them here for an official discussion/debate as long as we keep it cool and not insult them, just ask questions you know?
What do you think lamm?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You know it would be a neat idea to invite some of them here for an official discussion/debate as long as we keep it cool and not insult them, just ask questions you know?
What do you think lamm?

Invite them!

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

Post #1:
...We went to the moon, and we saw the round ball earth, something God sees without a space suit...

The astronauts definitely present a problem for the Flat Earth promoters. Especially the astronauts that were on the Moon.

Did the astronauts on the Moon see every part of every continent and every ocean at the same time? If not, the flat Earth must have two sides. And what happens when people walk over the edge from one side to the other? Or drive, or fly, or travel by boat? And when rivers flow over it?

What is the thickness of the Earth between the two “flat” sides? Why has it not been observed as it has been traversed? And where exactly is that boundary? Can we use photographs taken by the Moon-based astronauts, to map it?

==============================================================================================

Or could the problem simply be a misinterpretation of the quoted scripture extracts? Could they be idiomatic?

For clarity, I suppose we should ask the Flat Earthers to pinpoint for us the geographic location of the four quarters (edges?, extremities? corners?) of the Earth. I don’t think they were obvious in the astronauts’ photos. Not four of them. (Or was it quadrants? Their boundaries weren’t obvious either, if so.)

Depending on where the extremities are located, adventure holidays could be organised to visit them. Or failing that, visits to an edge wherever access were convenient, would do. Especially for the elderly.

Scientific expeditions could also be in order.

Unfortunately, I lack the qualifications to be on one of those.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is a lack of trust in humankind that brings on a denial of proof that has been given the past few decades of a round earth of which there is an abundance of. Even taking these deniers up into space will bring more denial that they're being drugged and it's all a hallucination of seeing that globe in front of them.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We had one here and there was no convincing him he was wrong

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Stravinsk?
Yup everything was fake or a conspiricy theory, there was no convincing him and at least for me I found it better to just leave him to his views since there was nothing going to convince him otherwise

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yup everything was fake or a conspiricy theory, there was no convincing him and at least for me I found it better to just leave him to his views since there was nothing going to convince him otherwise

I remember that guy Stravinsk and his theories. If the flat earthers get invited do you think he'll join that group in coming here?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dont know since he was banned here so I dont think so

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I remember that guy Stravinsk and his theories. If the flat earthers get invited do you think he'll join that group in coming here?
I messaged 5 and none have responded.
I liked Stravinsk tho, I didn't pay any mind to his flat earth discussions but I didn't realize how big the community has grown. It would be an interesting discussion but as far as I am concerned the Earth is round, funny how the moon appears to be flipped upside down at opposite locations, that would make no sense on a flat earth model. Unfortunately I will get no attempts to refute that observations until more Stravinsks come along :)

Top Bottom