Are liberal colleges a threat to Christians

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Should we stop sending our children to liberal colleges where they are influenced into becoming atheists?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Should we stop sending our children to liberal colleges where they are influenced into becoming atheists?

SADLY, a lot of "Christian" colleges have a reputation of being more hostile to traditional/orthodox Christianity than secular schools.....

We have two Lutheran colleges in California (both in the LA area): California Lutheran University (ELCA) and Concordia University - Irvine (LCMS). I've known grads of both. CLU is a very liberal institution with NOTHING remotely Lutheran about it (in spite of its middle name), even most of the religion department is not Lutheran and some isn't even Christian. It's a good school academically but the 3 grads I know of this school all agree, there's nohting Christian about it. CUI, however, is solidly Christian throughout. You can't AT ALL assume a school is Christian or even affirming of Christians just because it has some "tie" to some denomination.

I had a good friend when I was a kid.... she went to our parish school preschool - 8th grade and then went to a Catholic high school. So, naturally, she went to a Catholic university. She found the school so hostile to Catholicism that she transfered to the University of California at San Diego where she got involved in a Catholic campus ministry and found it FAR more open to her faith.

Sad, isn't it?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

No. I don't think that would cause me to stop. But, my kids are grown and it is their decision where to go to school.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter went to a college where there are many liberal teachings and I've noticed she has changed her viewpoint on things that I find disturbing. I won't list them here on the site though for the sake of her privacy.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
We, as parents and guardians, raise our children to know God. If they are grounded in their faith they should thrive anywhere. Will they face diverse temptations and philosophies of human intellect? Sure. Will God, by His Sovereign grace protect them from the evil one? We pray so.
We have many wolves in the church, masquerading as sheep. There are many, many false doctrines oozing out of Christian Universities. Open Theism and Evolutionary Theology come to mind. Anti-trinitarian views abound as people bring back heresies.
Entrust your child to God and remember that God gave you a very unique path as He has been sanctifying you. He will do similarly for our children.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
An online college could possibly be the answer to this problem that is becoming more rampant as decades pass by.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The problem is not liberal colleges but rather A belief that is not rooted and grounded on a solid foundation for id that is sdo then there is nothing that will move you from your belief

Top Bottom