What happens to your body when...

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Having read too many of these articles from the "Eat This... Not That" bozos (actually, some of it is okay, but they do go for the 'guilt' factor), I thought a health "game" would be fun!
Here are the guidelines:

1) Someone will ask "What happens to your body when _____" and fills in the blank.
2) Another poster researches the answer and comes back to let us know.
3) The poster who provided the information now gets to ask the question, filling in the blank however they'd like.

Got it? Cool!

I'll start - "What happens to your body when you start eating one banana a day"?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Bananas are a good source of fiber and also helps to support heart function. On the negative side, anyone with a latex allergy or ragweed allergy could risk developing an allergy to bananas.

What happens to your body when you sit for too long?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Bananas are a good source of fiber and also helps to support heart function. On the negative side, anyone with a latex allergy or ragweed allergy could risk developing an allergy to bananas.

Your butt gets big?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Heart disease and diabetes risk appears to go up for one. brain fog and depression are also symptoms. I've been finding this out about brain fog for sure in my new position at work. Much of it has been pretty sedentary so far (sort of the summer slow time) so I've been trying to stay aware if I've been sitting to long. I'll go for a walk, have something to eat - staying aware of having something healthier than junk food. I've also been 'shadowing' other team members, too, which has kept me more active, and that helps keep the fog at bay.

Here's a general article with some good links:

https://www.thelist.com/27422/happens-body-sit-day/

So - What happens to your body when you drink one cup of coffee a day?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Heart disease and diabetes risk appears to go up for one. brain fog and depression are also symptoms. I've been finding this out about brain fog for sure in my new position at work. Much of it has been pretty sedentary so far (sort of the summer slow time) so I've been trying to stay aware if I've been sitting to long. I'll go for a walk, have something to eat - staying aware of having something healthier than junk food. I've also been 'shadowing' other team members, too, which has kept me more active, and that helps keep the fog at bay.

Here's a general article with some good links:

https://www.thelist.com/27422/happens-body-sit-day/

So - What happens to your body when you drink one cup of coffee a day?
"A Little Coffee May Slow Your Heart Rate. Drink some coffee and your blood pressure may rise a little. Your heart reacts to this drop in pressure by slowing slightly. However, if you keep drinking beyond a cup or so, the heart is likely to accelerate."

What happens to your body if you never wipe your butt?

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
"A Little Coffee May Slow Your Heart Rate. Drink some coffee and your blood pressure may rise a little. Your heart reacts to this drop in pressure by slowing slightly. However, if you keep drinking beyond a cup or so, the heart is likely to accelerate."

http://digg.com/2017/do-you-have-to-wipe

What happens to your body after it dies?

SilkenBast

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Pure speculation, but I imagine it depends on the eating habits of the person in question. Those on low fiber diets may develop the equivalent of a poo butt plug that becomes so hard and crusty that should they ever clean up their diet it won't even matter as the exit pipe will have been sealed off?

Now imagine the work it takes to clean the inside even with the exit hole cleared. Can't exactly get at it with your fingers.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
http://digg.com/2017/do-you-have-to-wipe

What happens to your body after it dies?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321792.php
"[T]he blood begins to settle, by gravity, to the lowest portions of the body," causing the skin to become discolored. This process may begin after about an hour following death and can continue to develop until the 9–12 hour mark postmortem.

In rigor mortis, the body becomes stiff and completely unpliable, as all the muscles tense due to changes that occur in them at a cellular level. Rigor mortis settles in at 2–6 hours after death and can last for 24–84 hours. After this, the muscles become limp and pliable once more.

Another early process is that of algor mortis, which occurs when the body goes cold as it "ceases to regulate its internal temperature." How cold a body will go largely depends on its ambient temperature, which it naturally matches within a period of about 18–20 hours after death.

Other signs of decomposition include the body assuming a greenish tinge, skin coming off the body, marbling, tache noire, and, of course, putrefaction.

What happens to your body when you fall in love?

Top Bottom