CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilhemena View Post
      When did the small in numbers gain power to change the minds of the majority and influence their rationale?
      LGBT that's how, soon to be LGBTP (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pedophile)

hedrick is offline Apprentice Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.51%
      Did anyone watch the TEDx talk? I found it very interesting. I'm reasonably sure that the speaker didn't choose the title. Someone who wanted to do a bit of rabble-rousing did. The participants here seem to have taken the bait.

An estimated 1 - 2% of the population is pedophiles. It is a sexual orientation because (1) it isn't chosen, (2) is mostly unchangeable, (3) many pedophiles aren't sexually attracted to anyone else (though there are some that are). However, the speaker makes clear, it an an orientation that can't be expressed. What can we do to help them not abuse children? The speaker agrees that sexual abuse in unacceptable. However by not allowing the pedophiles to talk to anyone, we make it impossible for them to get support. Suppose you're a pedophile, but your friends don't know it. If they invite you to the beach, you'd like to say "sorry, but it's unsafe for me to be in a place with so many kids around." But you can't. She spoke about a program whose goal is to help pedophiles avoid abusing children. It appears to be quite successful. Is this actually something Christians would want to condemn?
      Last edited by hedrick; 08-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      44.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by hedrick View Post
      Did anyone watch the TEDx talk? I found it very interesting. I'm reasonably sure that the speaker didn't choose the title. Someone who wanted to do a bit of rabble-rousing did. The participants here seem to have taken the bait.

An estimated 1 - 2% of the population is pedophiles. It is a sexual orientation because (1) it isn't chosen, (2) is mostly unchangeable, (3) many pedophiles aren't sexually attracted to anyone else (though there are some that are). However, the speaker makes clear, it an an orientation that can't be expressed. What can we do to help them not abuse children? The speaker agrees that sexual abuse in unacceptable. However by not allowing the pedophiles to talk to anyone, we make it impossible for them to get support. Suppose you're a pedophile, but your friends don't know it. If they invite you to the beach, you'd like to say "sorry, but it's unsafe for me to be in a place with so many kids around." But you can't. She spoke about a program whose goal is to help pedophiles avoid abusing children. It appears to be quite successful. Is this actually something Christians would want to condemn?
      I watched it, I'm sorry but I suggest they repent and go to church, ask God for guidance, find a nice gal and start a family and put the past behind.
      Believe me they get their kicks before going to a beach, they are sick with sin and they chose not to change. I was molested several times by a pedo and another close call by another.
      How can we help them? How about we secure our children from them?
      They can get help but most would rather get off on little children and for that I have no sympathy for their demons, they lack conviction of the heart and I pray they get some.
      Let me remind you, they are only "victims of society" AFTER they get caught!! Let THAT sink in.

Krissy Cakes is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats