Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Hmmmmm, just a big black rectangle?

Here is a trivia question on the geography of the USA.

Pelee Island in Lake Erie is the southernmost point of Canada. Two questions:

1. How many American states lie entirely further north than Pelee Island?

2. How many American states lie in part further north than Pelee Island?

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I just saw that video on YouTube yesterday, it's quite fascinating. Thanks for posting this, I put this as a Featured Thread. :)

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Only thing I find fun about America is your president .other than that no idea I don't live there.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Only thing I find fun about America is your president .other than that no idea I don't live there.

You like to laugh at him? :D

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I actually think his the worst president you ever had not that I know about your other presidents .I did like Obama tho..but he wasn't everyone's fave I'm sure.. as for making me laugh not really ..

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I actually think his the worst president you ever had not that I know about your other presidents .I did like Obama tho..but he wasn't everyone's fave I'm sure.. as for making me laugh not really ..

We've had worst presidents who have put this country into such debt and high unemployment levels that I don't regard Trump as being in that category. CNN reports only the bad news about him as well as bad opinions but there are so many news releases not being shown on some news media concerning the good things he's done for the country.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This thread isn't about Trump.....

While I did not vote for him, IMO he has not proven to be what I feared. I REALLY like his court appointments (perhaps the single most important thing US presidents do) and elsewhere he has done okay. I'm still uncomfortable with his business "how to make a deal" approach to things (lots of hyperbole, lots of overreaching with the hope of a "deal" somewhere between, etc.) and all his noise.... but in terms of what he's actually done, he's not been so bad. I WISH he would have deleted and replaced Obamacare, I WISH the tax thing had been much cleaner, but all in all..... The two supreme court appointments alone make me happy that Hilary didn't win.

Back to the topic....

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Fun fact about Texas, Texas comes from the word "tejas" meaning "friend" in spanish. Tejano music is basically Texano.
Music in spanish is Musikas which is the same in Czech, Czechs/Bohemians were settled along the Colorado river in south Texas in Spanish camps, Tejano music originated from Polka (Germanic/Czech/Bohemian) which is why the "friends" have such a similar sound :)

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Fun fact about Texas, Texas comes from the word "tejas" meaning "friend" in spanish. Tejano music is basically Texano.
Music in spanish is Musikas which is the same in Czech, Czechs/Bohemians were settled along the Colorado river in south Texas in Spanish camps, Tejano music originated from Polka (Germanic/Czech/Bohemian) which is why the "friends" have such a similar sound :)

Very interesting!!!

I've lived around many Hispanics all my life and am pretty familiar with the culture.... and I SURE have noticed some some VERY surprising similarities in the music of "polka" and German music with hispanic music and always just considered it 100% coincidence. Perhaps not.

Top Bottom