Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just remember in winter, when climate change is under discussion, that you can proudly say A warmer world is a better world.

:smirk:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I look forward to Autumn when I wake up and there is a chill in the air :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just remember in winter, when climate change is under discussion, that you can proudly say A warmer world is a better world.

:smirk:

Tell that to the people in California whose homes have burned to the ground by the hundreds.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Tell that to the people in California whose homes have burned to the ground by the hundreds.

Do you think that the fires in California are caused by climate change or by arson?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you think that the fires in California are caused by climate change or by arson?

I don't have any research to back this up at the moment, but my guess is that it has to do with climate change. The drought that California has experienced on and off for the last 30 plus years is a main factor in the fires and how easy it is for them to get started.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Climate Change bug-a-boo is beginning to take on proportions similar to The Jews did it! or Satan did it!, which were taken as undeniably true statements by other people in earlier times.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I imagine that Calfironia along with much of the northern hemisphere is undergoing something of a warm period and some droughts but here where I live the rainfall is above average and it was last year too though the summer was warmer than usual yet with fewer scorchingly hot days.

Personally I'd like it to be a little warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Maybe something like 15c to 23c in winter and 20c to 25c in summer with most summer days in the 20s or low 30s.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have any research to back this up at the moment, but my guess is that it has to do with climate change. The drought that California has experienced on and off for the last 30 plus years is a main factor in the fires and how easy it is for them to get started.

So is the claim..... however, the same guys will tell you that in the past several thousand years, there have been FAR more extreme droughts - some lasting for nearly 200 years (we hear this all the time from the "WE NEED TO IMPORT MORE WATER" folks). The kind of droughts we've had in the past century are evidently nothin' special or unusual. BUT I can tell you - in HUMAN time (a typical human lifespan), I cannot remember it being hot for SO LONG as this summer, the "heat wave" is just going on and on and on and on..... Again, I can't say this is actually "new" but then I don't go back very far.

Of course, there are long term changes.... for the past 10,000 years, since the last ice age, California slowly has been getting dryer and warmer. 10,000 years ago, where I live was pine forest... it's desert now. But this has been a SLOW change over 10,000 years, and supposedly is soon to reverse as the prediction is, the ice age is coming back (although still thousands of years in the future).

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't really buy the whole climate change thing. It's little more than an attempt to guilt people into agreeing to more taxes when the people who push it the hardest seem to do the least to reduce their own carbon output. People who bleat about carbon emissions can't be taken seriously unless they live like the Amish. You know, these emissions that are the greatest threat to mankind since, well, ever and yet they hop in their SUV to go to work and belch out a few more of them as they do. Because, you know, you gotta keep up with the Joneses, right? Never mind the untold numbers of impoverished people with brown skin who will die because of yet another crop failure.

Throw in the fact that just about every observation imaginable is apparently evidence of climate change and there seem to be no possible observations that would lead to the conclusion climate change is not real and it's even harder to take it seriously.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom