What surgeries have you had?

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I am glad I have not had surgery, other than oral, if that counts. I had a fracture once, but even that did not call for surgery. I see there is blessing here to me.

mailmandan

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I had a hernia operation back in 2009. It amazed me how fast it was lights out when they hit me with the anesthesia. I was really sore for the next 3 days. I was off work for 3 weeks and right when the 3 weeks was over my 2 week vacation started. Perfect timing.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am glad I have not had surgery, other than oral, if that counts. I had a fracture once, but even that did not call for surgery. I see there is blessing here to me.

You must have really good genes :) Stay healthy!

I had a hernia operation back in 2009. It amazed me how fast it was lights out when they hit me with the anesthesia. I was really sore for the next 3 days. I was off work for 3 weeks and right when the 3 weeks was over my 2 week vacation started. Perfect timing.

Yes, it's so quick with the anesthesia when they tell you to start counting backwards and then they're calling your name to wake you up in the next second!

Stephen

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was a child.
Several years ago I had laser treatment for a couple of tears in the retina of my right eye.

About two and a half years ago I had a small scab on the top of left ear that wouldn't heal. It turned out to be cancerous and I had a V shaped sliced taken out of my ear. Unfortunately by then it seems to have got to the lymph node behind the ear and it started swelling up and bleeding and I had to have surgery to remove the whole ear and get out all the cancerous tissue. Then a large skin graft from my thigh (a "free flap").

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was a child.
Several years ago I had laser treatment for a couple of tears in the retina of my right eye.

About two and a half years ago I had a small scab on the top of left ear that wouldn't heal. It turned out to be cancerous and I had a V shaped sliced taken out of my ear. Unfortunately by then it seems to have got to the lymph node behind the ear and it started swelling up and bleeding and I had to have surgery to remove the whole ear and get out all the cancerous tissue. Then a large skin graft from my thigh (a "free flap").

My physics teacher had skin cancer on his ear back in the 80s and that was enough to scare me to stay out of the sun.

You're doing okay now with follow ups right?

Stephen

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My physics teacher had skin cancer on his ear back in the 80s and that was enough to scare me to stay out of the sun.

You're doing okay now with follow ups right?

Yes, fine thanks. I get checked regularly. The surgeon said that if I'm all clear after 2 years I should be OK, although they continue to monitor me (though less often) for another 3 years.. The two years is up next month. I've been told to use factor 50 sun cream if I go out in the sun.

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
I am happy to inform the community that I've never had surgery for anything. Surgery usually means there are serious health issues, and the whole process has risks attached to it. I hope to remain healthy as long as possible.

Top Bottom