Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Christianity Haven is a member of the vast array of social media apps and tools available to Christians today. It can be a place to share faith and gifts for the benefit of all and it can be a place to exasperate others, treat them harshly, or just troll for the fun of it but Christian ought to think before the type and apply the maxim that our Lord Jesus Christ gave to us - treat others as you would be treated yourself or in the context of one very prominent form of social media tweet others as you would be tweeted. It's a thought is it not? Something to take with you as you type your posts and reply to others.The question to ask is do you agree? Is what you write worth thinking about in Christian terms and the purpose for which you write, it is to serve Christ or to exasperate him?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought you were going to volunteer to maintain a Twitter account for us :D

There is a verse in our rules Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. I try to be courteous to everyone although it's very difficult to not reply with a snide remark when one is thrown at me. That's human nature even though it's not what Christ expects from us.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have a twitter account and most of my friends don't seem to either. I am trying to limit my time on social media because it actually seems to do more harm than good.
People do share their faith on there, but I have rarely seen a person say "Oh my gosh, you were right and i was wrong." It doesn't happen

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't have a twitter account and most of my friends don't seem to either. I am trying to limit my time on social media because it actually seems to do more harm than good.
People do share their faith on there, but I have rarely seen a person say "Oh my gosh, you were right and i was wrong." It doesn't happen

I used "tweet" as emblematic of social media in general and of CH specifically. :)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How are we tweeting others today?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Christianity Haven is a member of the vast array of social media apps and tools available to Christians today. It can be a place to share faith and gifts for the benefit of all and it can be a place to exasperate others, treat them harshly, or just troll for the fun of it but Christian ought to think before the type and apply the maxim that our Lord Jesus Christ gave to us - treat others as you would be treated yourself or in the context of one very prominent form of social media tweet others as you would be tweeted. It's a thought is it not? Something to take with you as you type your posts and reply to others.The question to ask is do you agree? Is what you write worth thinking about in Christian terms and the purpose for which you write, it is to serve Christ or to exasperate him?

This is the CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY forum. What specific Christian theology/doctrine are you addressing?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This is the CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY forum. What specific Christian theology/doctrine are you addressing?

The golden rule, Josiah, surely that is obvious from the title once allowance is made for "tweet" being a near homophone for "treat".

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The golden rule, Josiah, surely that is obvious from the title once allowance is made for "tweet" being a near homophone for "treat".

I didn't realize the Golden Rule was a theological dogma, but if you say so....

I do think Christians need to threat each other with love and respect..... mutually. I do NOT believe this means we are to regard Truth as non-existent and irrelevant, that we should never note falsehood (especially falsehood that undermines the entire Christian faith), and that we all should just hold hands and sing "Kumbyah" or simply shout "My denomination can beat up your denomination, so there!" We should all be lifting high THE CROSS (not self, not denominations), we should be emberacing each other (rather than insisting God ONLY leads and teaches ME or MY singular denomination cuz me or my denomination itself says so). CHRIST should matter..... TRUTH should matter.....

Non-Christians KNOW that not all 2.2 billion Christians totally agree with all other 2.2 billion Christians on all things (heck, you can't find TWO people on the planet that totally agree on all things, so this doesn't shock them too much). What I think disturbs them is the lack of concern for truth, the individualism and institutionalism and egoism, the power struggles, the desire to lord it over as the Gentiles do, the obsession with denominational power and control... I like to see Christians who hold Christ up above all..... who care about truth and love more than protecting the power and parroting the egotistical claims of their denomination..... who listen and seek and serve together.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I didn't realize the Golden Rule was a theological dogma, but if you say so....

It is the foundation of Christian moral teaching. Surely that is obvious. Just as the Sermon on the Mount is the core of Christian moral teaching.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

Tweet others as you would be tweeted.

A little bird once told me that.

==============================================================================================

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
77db5577abd08a36530aca62a79e09c4.jpg

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The holy scriptures warn against the sins that arise from following the desires of the flesh; [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest; they are: fornication, lust, homosexuality, self-indulgence, [20] the serving of idols, drug use, hostility, contentiousness, jealousy, wrath, quarrels, dissensions, divisions, [21] envy, murder, inebriation, carousing, and similar things. About these things, I continue to preach to you, as I have preached to you: that those who act in this way shall not obtain the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21) The way Christians interact online is rightly to be governed by what the holy scriptures teach the faithful to avoid and what the holy scriptures teach the faithful to do. The faithful are called to walk in the Spirit. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, forbearance, [23] meekness, faith, modesty, abstinence, chastity. There is no law against such things. [24] For those who are Christ’s have crucified their flesh, along with its vices and desires. [25] If we live by the Spirit, we should also walk by the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25)

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Tweet others as you would be tweeted.

Tweet others as you would be tweeted?

If everyone did that, it would surely be a weel tweet.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Tweet others as you would be tweeted?

If everyone did that, it would surely be a weel tweet.

Indeed it would. :)

Top Bottom