Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I just finished a really great book by Dr.Richard O'Connor called "Rewire: Change Your Brain to Break Bad Habits, Overcome Addictions, Conquer Self-Destructive Behavior" in one section called "Waving the Red Flag" he writes about what he called the Waving the Red Flag and the Time Bomb.

Waving the red flag- the major assumption that these people make are that their outrageous behavior is justified and it is someone's else's job to make them stop. They are usually loud and histrionic and tend to be prone to crisis.

the Time Bomb- These are people who secretly hope that someone will notice their destructive actions and make them stop, but at the same time they try and hide those same actions.

I wonder if you all know people like this?

I was thinking maybe Demi Lovato, who recently went into the hospital with a heroine overdose might fit into one of these groups. Her problems with drug addiction were fairly widely known before and from what I heard she had been out partying beforehand

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Demi Lovato has suffered for years with an addictive personality (her eating disorder played a huge role in the past). Her newest song even apologizes for falling back into her drug addiction so I'm not sure which of the two above behaviors would fit.

I recognize some people as being the first one ...waving the red flag...but I see it in families where it becomes the norm. It's how they were raised by their parents so it is normal to blame others.

Top Bottom