Christian sites?

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you visit Christian forum sites that aren’t owned by Christians? My pal and I had this discussion about the money making kind of owners who don't really run their sites and put up all kinds of advertising to help them make more money do you contribute to their paycheck?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you visit Christian forum sites that aren’t owned by Christians? My pal and I had this discussion about the money making kind of owners who don't really run their sites and put up all kinds of advertising to help them make more money do you contribute to their paycheck?

This is the only Christian message board I post on any more. I do know of a large site that the owner refused for a long time to associate himself as Christian on his other forum he owned and really wasn't around much once he acquired his site. It's filled with advertising that stalls my computer so there is no reason for me to go to his site.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know who the owners are on the sites I have visited in the past. So, I actually have no idea.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In my experience, owners of Christian websites are usually pretty elusive.... hard to identify and if you can determine that, they usually are pretty secretive as to their name, belief, etc. I can't image why, but it seems to often be the case.

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If you found out the owner was not a Christian is that a site you'd want to keep on visiting or say bye bye to?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you found out the owner was not a Christian is that a site you'd want to keep on visiting or say bye bye to?

No, I wouldn't want to remain as a member because that means it's someone's cash cow...that happened to a site I used to frequent but left. Too many ads there now and the owners are in it only for the money, not to promote the Gospel in any way.

TangledWeb

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

No because they do not deserve my business.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The concern of awarding an atheist owner with hits on the site that brings forth revenue is appropriate but the other side of the coin are the members of a site who are longstanding in their presence and do not want to leave their friends after an ownership change for the sake of their values.

Top Bottom