Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Has anyone done a bible study about weather conditions mentioned throughout the bible?

I was outside watering my lawn earlier and wondered about this...how often weather is mentioned in the bible.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Has anyone done a bible study about weather conditions mentioned throughout the bible?

I was outside watering my lawn earlier and wondered about this...how often weather is mentioned in the bible.
"Cool of the day" In Genesis is what I imagine as the evening.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

what is it you would want to learn from doing that?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
what is it you would want to learn from doing that?

The observations of weather and how throughout history it affected God's people. If they gave it consideration, or fear even.

I suppose the rain for the flood of Noah is one big weather event. When I have read the bible through I never paid attention to weather beyond the flood.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How about when the sun stood still? Or the darkness at Jesus crucifixtion, the earthquake?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How about when the sun stood still? Or the darkness at Jesus crucifixtion, the earthquake?

What are the verses where they're found?

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

Post #6:

Post #7:
What are the verses where they're found?

While they are not all strictly weather events, here are some references, including for more than one earthquake:

Joshua 10:12-14; 1 Kings 19:11-12; Amos 1:1; (Zechariah 14:5); Matthew 27:45; Mark 15:33; Matthew 27:54; Matthew 28:2; Acts 16:26.

Hope that helps.

==============================================================================================

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thank you!

In one of our readings on Sunday in Proverbs it mentioned snow. I just did a search and there are many times that the bible mentions snow. Mostly it's "like snow" in comparing things that are pure or bright white.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Post #5:
I suppose the rain for the flood of Noah is one big weather event. When I have read the bible through I never paid attention to weather beyond the flood.

Actually, it wasn’t just rain.

Genesis 7:14 tells us: In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

The Hebrew word translated "broken up" (Strong's H1234), when used with reference to water, paints a vivid picture. Imagine a large dish of water. Place your hands together as in prayer. Lower your hands into the water, then suddenly and violently move them apart (sideways). That is the picture.

If we look at the tsunami caused by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, we see something interesting. The flooding occurred relatively quickly – you may recall watching it on the news – but it took days, and (from memory) even weeks to fully recede, depending on the topography. The account of the flood has clear similarities.

The thought is: if we investigate some of the wonderful things God has done, there may be “natural explanations” for the mechanisms He used; the true miracle may well be in the timing. The pertinent question could often be: How long ago (in the distant past) did God set things in motion for a particular event to occur at just the right moment, in just the right place, so that His purposes would be fulfilled?

Just a thought.

Top Bottom