Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I posted this in another thread and decided to make it It's own.
I always wondered what the ancient chinese people believed before Buddha. Turns out there is reasonable evidence that they worshipped Yahweh and it's clear when taking a close look at ancient chinese lettering/wording (composed of images, symbols) that they have their roots in Genesis.
65160ea01a986e8508278157e499b2c6.gif
c3f97831eeabfbc745540983e16d7722.gif
5608d80ed19c8b88f1edbdd664520f25.gif

https://youtu.be/YjGUC9GNqfE

https://youtu.be/DA-AkJzpKmg

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I point you to a Christian anthropologist named Don Richardson who wrote a book entitled, "Eternity In Their Hearts", in which he chronicles monotheism back to most tribal groups around the world. Polytheism, pantheism and animism are more recent injections as tribes went down a false path.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
interesting

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
MANY "native religious" have a prime "god" - but that has little to do with the God of the Bible.....

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
MANY "native religious" have a prime "god" - but that has little to do with the God of the Bible.....
I recommend you watch the 2nd video when you have free time, it's not far fetched that they worshipped the God of Genesis. This study is fairly new to me but it's been known for quite some time.

Another interesting note, when the settlers came to America the indians communicated that they already know of their God. Some even claimed of hearing a familiar chant of natives "Yahweh Yahweh Yahweh-Ya". I don't know if that second part is fact or not but I have heard that chant recited before...

As for the Ancient Chinese, yeah the evidence is in the language as shown in detail in that second video.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The concept of a universal creator is there, however. When tapped into, there have been great connections that lead to tribal movement toward Jesus as Savior. Korean tribes as well as the Karen peoples come to mind.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Correct. The concept of a universal creator is there, however. When tapped into, there have been great connections that lead to tribal movement toward Jesus as Savior. Korean tribes as well as the Karen peoples come to mind.
I believe there is a great Christian revival in China if I'm not mistaken. I have seen videos and they are very fanatical about it, I imagine they are fed up with all the strange gods they worship, a red god with a tail and long nails is quite frightening if you ask me.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

The ancient Chinese recognised a supreme God named ShangDi. The Chinese lady I mentioned in the other thread told us that.

The word for “boat” (eight people in a vessel) was the first character she excitedly identified for us in that Bible study group. It popped into her mind as soon as the subject was broached.

A number of books have been written on the subject (that might have been mentioned in the video – I tend not to watch videos), among them being God’s Promise to the Chinese. (I have read a more scholarly work than that, but have forgotten its title – the authors were two Frenchmen.)

Sometimes the author(s) of a particular book may seem to stretch a little too much to prove their point, but that should not detract from the solid evidence that exists.

The Chinese were apparently an early break away group fleeing what folklore suggests was a rather ruthless dictatorship with Nimrod at its head. (The exact mechanism of population dispersal and disordering of the Noachian language, is beyond the scope of this thread.)

Traditional Chinese characters do indeed indicate both the veracity of, and the perceived importance of, the early Genesis account.

==============================================================================================

Top Bottom