Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Brown people wrote the bible. Not yellow people or white people nor black people; brown ones. And Jesus was born a brown man. So why all the anti-brown people stuff that's going on in politics when our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black, and white people whenever those people walk with God.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Brown has many shades. Which one(s) are you thinking of?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Brown has many shades. Which one(s) are you thinking of?

The ones God thinks of when he chooses a prophet, a priest, a ruler, and the Saviour. How about you; what shades are you thinking about and what does God think of them?

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Brown people wrote the bible. Not yellow people or white people nor black people; brown ones. And Jesus was born a brown man. So why all the anti-brown people stuff that's going on in politics when our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black, and white people whenever those people walk with God.

What anti brown people stuff are you talking about?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Me thinks we have YET ANOTHER anti-USA thread, American Bashing thread ..... by a non-citizen.... wrongly in the Christian Theology forum.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Me thinks we have YET ANOTHER anti-USA thread, American Bashing thread ..... by a non-citizen.... wrongly in the Christian Theology forum.

What an odd spin to put on the topic.

Brown people live in the USA too, don't they? Quite a lot of them say some. But the topic is not about "the USA". It is about who wrote the bible and makes the observation that the human authors were brown people. It is worth remembering that the foundation documents of Western civilisation came from brown people. White people wrote a lot of really impressive things too. The USA bill of rights, for example, and the universal charter of human rights from the United Nations was created by a mix of people of various shades ranging from white to black. Not everything is about the USA, Josiah. Some topics are about what they are about without any special reference to the USA. So let's return to the thread's topic and not derail it with alleged persecution of the USA and its citizens who do in fact range in colour from white to black.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What anti brown people stuff are you talking about?

I heard former USA president Obama addressing people in South Africa on the occasion of the 100th birthday of Nelson Mandela. In his lecture he mentioned the many excellent documents written by people of "western" culture that are best regarded as the common heritage of humanity rather than something exclusive to the West - he was heading off the argument that some in Africa and some in Asia make against those values arguing that Western culture and Western values are eroding traditional liberties and values of the free people of Asia and Africa; that argument is, obviously, not true. Freedom, goodness, truth, the existence of facts and the existence of moral values is not a western invention it is an objective reality. So let no one argue that what lies at the heart of Christian moral values is a western invention or a heritage preserved for the world by the west when in fact it is a gift from God given through brown Asian people from the far West of Asia. It is worth keeping our religious and philosophical roots in view so that we are not robbed of our inheritance by flimflam propagated by some in the "third world" and in "the old world" too.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What an odd spin to put on the topic.

Brown people live in the USA too, don't they? Quite a lot of them say some. But the topic is not about "the USA". It is about who wrote the bible and makes the observation that the human authors were brown people. It is worth remembering that the foundation documents of Western civilisation came from brown people. White people wrote a lot of really impressive things too. The USA bill of rights, for example, and the universal charter of human rights from the United Nations was created by a mix of people of various shades ranging from white to black. Not everything is about the USA, Josiah. Some topics are about what they are about without any special reference to the USA. So let's return to the thread's topic and not derail it with alleged persecution of the USA and its citizens who do in fact range in colour from white to black.
Race is a fairly new concept, no one kept record of color even in the bible.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Race is a fairly new concept, no one kept record of color even in the bible.

That's not quite true. Do you remember the verse about the skin of the Ethiopian? Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin? the leopard his spots? As easily would you be able to do good, accustomed to evil as you are.

carusos1974

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

https://brideofchristtabernacle.com/sermons-1

Just some sermons from my home church in york pa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That's not quite true. Do you remember the verse about the skin of the Ethiopian? Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin? the leopard his spots? As easily would you be able to do good, accustomed to evil as you are.
I assume the Ethiopians are black but the verse doesn't compare their skin with the leopards they are two different questions nor does it say they were black.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I assume the Ethiopians are black but the verse doesn't compare their skin with the leopards they are two different questions nor does it say they were black.

Yes Ethiopians are black, and they were black back then and still are black now which is the point I think. The idea in the verse is that some things cannot be changed. If you're black then that's what you are. If your a leopard then that means you have spots and that will not change. If you're a habitual sinner then changing to a do-gooder is not going to happen by any natural process. So the idea of skin colour is quite ancient, and that isn't surprising because human colour vision is ancient too. So "race" in terms of skin colour and its inheritance is an ancient concept.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes Ethiopians are black, and they were black back then and still are black now which is the point I think. The idea in the verse is that some things cannot be changed. If you're black then that's what you are. If your a leopard then that means you have spots and that will not change. If you're a habitual sinner then changing to a do-gooder is not going to happen by any natural process. So the idea of skin colour is quite ancient, and that isn't surprising because human colour vision is ancient too. So "race" in terms of skin colour and its inheritance is an ancient concept.
Okey Dokey. I agree then Moses was "brown"... The Orthodox Ashkenazi Jews today however have a specific DNA trait and are an actual "race" so who are they if they are not Jews?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The “brown” people that I am “anti-“ are the ones that want to fly airplanes into skyscrapers and the drug cartels that are waging war on our city streets.

Frankly, I would be against them no matter what color they were ... they just happen to be brown.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The “brown” people that I am “anti-“ are the ones that want to fly airplanes into skyscrapers and the drug cartels that are waging war on our city streets.

Frankly, I would be against them no matter what color they were ... they just happen to be brown.

I've seen photos of drug cartel owners and a good number of them are lily white.

El-Jabali_1628977i.jpg

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I heard former USA president Obama addressing people in South Africa on the occasion of the 100th birthday of Nelson Mandela. In his lecture he mentioned the many excellent documents written by people of "western" culture that are best regarded as the common heritage of humanity rather than something exclusive to the West - he was heading off the argument that some in Africa and some in Asia make against those values arguing that Western culture and Western values are eroding traditional liberties and values of the free people of Asia and Africa; that argument is, obviously, not true. Freedom, goodness, truth, the existence of facts and the existence of moral values is not a western invention it is an objective reality. So let no one argue that what lies at the heart of Christian moral values is a western invention or a heritage preserved for the world by the west when in fact it is a gift from God given through brown Asian people from the far West of Asia. It is worth keeping our religious and philosophical roots in view so that we are not robbed of our inheritance by flimflam propagated by some in the "third world" and in "the old world" too.

I have to say I have no idea at all how that answers my question.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Most likely.

It may take a few posts before it gets going in earnest, but the intended topic was already spelled out by means of the post that accused you of having introduced it. ;)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have to say I have no idea at all how that answers my question.

Oh, sorry, it does explain what was going on in politics and that is where the anti-brown people stuff is happening, right? All the stuff about keep them Arabs, Mexicans, North Africans, Syrians, and Afghans out, and so forth. Protect our borders and put refugee claimants in detention centres etcetera. Surely you've heard of it. Former President Obama mentioned it; did you hear him speak in South Africa?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh, sorry, it does explain what was going on in politics and that is where the anti-brown people stuff is happening, right? All the stuff about keep them Arabs, Mexicans, North Africans, Syrians, and Afghans out, and so forth. Protect our borders and put refugee claimants in detention centres etcetera. Surely you've heard of it. Former President Obama mentioned it; did you hear him speak in South Africa?
Legal immigrants are welcome with open arms, illegal drug pushers, killers and free loaders not so much.
Have you heard of what happens when an American crosses over to Mexico illegally?

Last edited:
Top Bottom