Brown people wrote the bible

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To tell the truth, no one knows the complexion of Our Lord or the writers of the Bible books.

It's another biblical mystery hehe

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's another biblical mystery hehe

Picking up on that thought, we should note that a lot of people have the notion that the Bible is supposed to explain every last thing that can be known in the realm of religion. That is not its purpose. The Holy Scriptures have a specific purpose which is to reveal to mankind that which God wants us to know for the purposes of proper living and, ultimately, salvation. There is much else that God did not reveal because it would not serve the purposes for which Scripture was given; and there is much that we cannot understand in our current condition but which will be revealed to the soul after death.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Picking up on that thought, we should note that a lot of people have the notion that the Bible is supposed to explain every last thing that can be known in the realm of religion. That is not its purpose. The Holy Scriptures have a specific purpose which is to reveal to mankind that which God wants us to know for the purposes of proper living and, ultimately, salvation. There is much else that God did not reveal because it would not serve the purposes for which Scripture was given; and there is much that we cannot understand in our current condition but which will be revealed to the soul after death.

AMEN!

Worse yet are individual persons, churches, denominations that just designate self (exclusively, individually) to ANSWER for God all the things it seems God forgot to answer in His inscripturated word (believing self is doing God an enormous favor). As a Greek Orthodox friend of mine often complains, "Christians seem unable to shut up."

Scripture contains two messages: Law and Gospel. Law tells us the will of God, Gospel tells us the heart of God. It is NOT the purpose of the Bible to "answer" anything or to "explain" anything or to make God "make sense" to fallen, sinful, limited, puny human brains.

But we're way off topic. I suspect this thread is a racist attempt to attack some of racism - and for some odd reason is in the Christian theology forum.

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Brown people wrote the bible. Not yellow people or white people nor black people; brown ones. And Jesus was born a brown man. So why all the anti-brown people stuff that's going on in politics when our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black, and white people whenever those people walk with God.

Looking at the OP again... you wrote "...our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black and white people..." That's not true. Our faith is founded on Christ Jesus who died for us and God gives us this gift of faith so we can trust that our sins are forgiven.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Looking at the OP again... you wrote "...our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black and white people..." That's not true. Our faith is founded on Christ Jesus who died for us and God gives us this gift of faith so we can trust that our sins are forgiven.

You left some of the sentence missing in what you wrote didn't you. The underlined part here "our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black, and white people whenever those people walk with God." It makes a significant difference when that part is missing because to walk with God is to be in Christ, in his body, and by being in Christ's body the faithful become God's sons (and daughters) by union with Jesus Christ who is, as all the faithful confess, the Son of God. So Christian faith is truly founded upon Jesus Christ and upon all the faithful who are his body so Christian faith really is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black and white people who are in Christ.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You left some of the sentence missing in what you wrote didn't you. The underlined part here "our faith is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black, and white people whenever those people walk with God." It makes a significant difference when that part is missing because to walk with God is to be in Christ, in his body, and by being in Christ's body the faithful become God's sons (and daughters) by union with Jesus Christ who is, as all the faithful confess, the Son of God. So Christian faith is truly founded upon Jesus Christ and upon all the faithful who are his body so Christian faith really is founded on the goodness of brown, yellow, black and white people who are in Christ.

Our faith still isn't founded based upon any action of another person unless that person is Jesus the Savior.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Our faith still isn't founded based upon any action of another person unless that person is Jesus the Savior.

Every Christian strives to be like Jesus. That's the point of being Christian. To be like God yet know that one is a creature made in the image of God, Jesus Christ. It is the point of creation too.

PS: My bible, was translated by brown people. In fact both of my main bibles were. It's a brown world out there.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Every Christian strives to be like Jesus. That's the point of being Christian. To be like God yet know that one is a creature made in the image of God, Jesus Christ. It is the point of creation too.

PS: My bible, was translated by brown people. In fact both of my main bibles were. It's a brown world out there.

A Christian striving to live his life like Christ isn't what makes him a Christian...that comes by grace through faith to trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. Being a Christian is about identity...all colors of us, not just the brown people.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
A Christian striving to live his life like Christ isn't what makes him a Christian...that comes by grace through faith

It looks as though you missed the meaning of the word "Christian" - which is, of course, to be a follower of Jesus Christ - and have mistaken it for the meaning of the word "saved". You see, Christians are saved by grace through faith for the purpose of doing the good works that God prepared for them as their way of life. Christians are Christian by living their life in the way that God calls them to live; namely, by doing the good works that God prepared for them as their way of life.

to trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. Being a Christian is about identity...all colors of us, not just the brown people.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It looks as though you missed the meaning of the word "Christian" - which is, of course, to be a follower of Jesus Christ - and have mistaken it for the meaning of the word "saved". You see, Christians are saved by grace through faith for the purpose of doing the good works that God prepared for them as their way of life. Christians are Christian by living their life in the way that God calls them to live; namely, by doing the good works that God prepared for them as their way of life.

I can't BE a Christian unless I have faith. It is all God's doing. I'm not even a Christian by what I do or how I act. I'm a Christian because of God. "Follow" God doesn't mean I'm on my own. It's always God. He lives in me. I am His.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can't BE a Christian unless I have faith. It is all God's doing. I'm not even a Christian by what I do or how I act. I'm a Christian because of God. "Follow" God doesn't mean I'm on my own. It's always God. He lives in me. I am His.

Yup. And it has NOTHING to do with how much pigment one has in their skin. Nothing. NOTHING.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yup. And it has NOTHING to do with how much pigment one has in their skin. Nothing. NOTHING.

That's very true!

There is another term used...BELIEVER. A believer is called that because believes in the Savior. Could "follow" therefore mean "believe"?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The point in the first post of this thread is that God doesn't dislike people for being brown yet a good number of people do. The moral maxim ought to be Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The point in the first post of this thread is that God doesn't dislike people for being brown yet a good number of people do. The moral maxim ought to be Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Well if that's the point then I respect that.
I don't know if anyone here dislikes "brown" people and I apologize if you took my illegal border crossing rant out of context, I'm not even sure how we got on that subject but it is a fact that parts of Mexico are a breeding ground for murderers because the country in run by the cartel and as it's not an issue for you it is for me having been issued death threats from them on more than just several occasions. Just wanted to make THAT clear. Any man who breaks the law and enters 'illegally' into another country IS a MAN OF LAWLESSNESS!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Disliking that groups of people are breaking the law is not equivalent to disliking them because they're a certain color.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Disliking that groups of people are breaking the law is not equivalent to disliking them because they're a certain color.
Exactly, thank you. I just had a hunch that MC was beating around the bush for why he is motivated to play the race card when obviously no one is concerned with color.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
tumblr_n6bpemrBsi1ry48vvo1_640.jpg

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
That's not quite true. Do you remember the verse about the skin of the Ethiopian? Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin? the leopard his spots? As easily would you be able to do good, accustomed to evil as you are.
Will a Cushite change his skin, or a leopard his spots? So will you be able to improve, you who have become accustomed to do evil."

Yeshayahu (isaiah) 11
"And he shall judge the poor justly, and he shall chastise with equity the humble of the earth, and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth and with the breath of his lips he shall put the wicked to death."

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Interesting conversation sir.
Are you speaking of wine skins?

When a person reads or listens to our Lord of Host whom speaks through the prophets as our Wonderful Counselor.
With such a personal power the likes of which cannot be duplicated by a stranger of the covenant given to Avraham.

More coffee.
You cited yirmiyahu recently.
Have you ever considered how yeshayahu and all the prophets compliment one another as if to speak with the mind of The Holy One.

I always hear them speaking of the yrs of reign with a specific number constituted to each would be king or ursurper that has a skin like a young lion with spots.
Do you Understand that perhaps the descriptive title of leopard is possibly a misnomer.
Perhaps it is a young lion that is not of the house of yhdh that seeks to devour.

From what ive learned over the yrs.
The Lion of the Tribe of yhdh does not recognize men who call themselves Levi in order to devour widows and ophans God Given inheritance.

If there is any Torah written on the heart of a man.
With dignity he is to conduct himself with humble resolve the likes of which is not shown on mainstream media.
Love is Feirce in those whom bless God and man.

It is Chariot of Fire like no other.
A whirlwind tempered in the Shekinah Glory that resides in the Tent that is Yeshua.
Our author and finisher of Faith.

Skins?
What do you know of garments more coffee?

Top Bottom