Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Does anyone know the origin of the term "spawn of Satan"? The closest I could find is that there is reference to the serpent's offspring in Genesis 3:15.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know the origin of the term "spawn of Satan"? The closest I could find is that there is reference to the serpent's offspring in Genesis 3:15.
No idea. The Bible says that angels are asexual so it seems Satan cannot breed and even if it were possible, God would have to approve the conception.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How about when scripture speaks of Satan being the unbelievers' father (even though he didn't spawn them)?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
How about when scripture speaks of Satan being the unbelievers' father (even though he didn't spawn them)?
It is not literal, but it conveys who rules the unregenerate. Just as God is the Father of the redeemed, so Satan is the father of the corrupt. This connects with the truth that a person is either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness. There is no human who is entirely free.

carusos1974

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

carusos1974

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Must search out the serpents seed to understand that. Also understand why we are all born in sin from coming through the act and why Jesus had to come through a virgin birth. Why did God curse the womb of eve if she ate a fruit. Why not curse her mouth. Why did God sayeves desire would be to her husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom