CH Shop - Read first!!

GenesisGirl

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Shop Rules

Prices are currently reduced at an Introductory Rate!

When purchasing items from the shop, please note that you may NOT change your username to a name already owned by another member.

You may also not change your user title to an authoritative position that is used on the site by staff/volunteers/owner/tech personnel.

For bumping your thread, only put in the number at the end of the URL into the entry field after purchase.

If you have made a mistake in your purchase, please notify Romanos or GenesisGirl and explain what went wrong.

Choose wisely! Post more on the site to earn more CH Cash!

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I do not understand how bumping the thread works?

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I do not understand how bumping the thread works?

The way it works is that it will simply push your thread to the top of the forum display as though someone responded to it, when the system just bumped your thread like it was a new post.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The way it works is that it will simply push your thread to the top of the forum display as though someone responded to it, when the system just bumped your thread like it was a new post.
I know, but I do not understand how to say which thread I want bumped. I know what bumping a thread is.

GenesisGirl

Religious Affiliation
Christian
threadbump.PNG

For the thread bump, take a look at the URL for that particular thread that I have (click the above thumbnail to see a larger image) and notice the number 174. That is the number you will insert into the field after you make your purchase in order to bump the thread called "What do you drive?"

Look at one of your threads and see the number in the URL for you to copy if it is one you would like to bump.

Does that help or did I make it even more confusing?

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
weird after logged in and had to come here..but i have no interest in buying anything from the shop...yet. i just want to be active within a normal forum enviroment without too much confusing things going on.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
weird after logged in and had to come here..but i have no interest in buying anything from the shop...yet. i just want to be active within a normal forum enviroment without too much confusing things going on.

We had set the announcement to where it required you to view the thread. It was only done to make everyone aware since we are very excited about this major addition. :)

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We had set the announcement to where it required you to view the thread. It was only done to make everyone aware since we are very excited about this major addition. :)

ah so if i dont purchase on anything in shop, i can carry on as usual right?

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It is COMPLETELY voluntary. They may have done that not just because they were excited, but also to ensure people read it. In case you should ever decide to get involved as this is NOT real cash.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is COMPLETELY voluntary. They may have done that not just because they were excited, but also to ensure people read it. In case you should ever decide to get involved as this is NOT real cash.

woop not real cash? ok. thx

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
ah so if i dont purchase on anything in shop, i can carry on as usual right?
Yes it is COMPLETELY voluntary. Except that I have figured out that if I understand correctly you have to "pay" to change your user title. The junior member member senior member under your name. However that is NOT mandatory.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
okies. in that case, i will save until i get up to $10.000 CH cash

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Ditto.

Can't we just talk? Why all the complications? Why all the detours, side-tracks, taking away from what we are here for: DISCUSSION?

I don't like all the games, tricks, complications and things some sites use to take away from discussion. But that's just me (this is not my site, lol). I'm for eliminating all the hijinks - the cash, points, levels, bars, reps.... this is a DISCUSSION forum, let's TALK without all the interfering junk, tricks and games that sidetrack things.

Just MY one cent :)

- Josiah

Last edited:

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I'm here
4chsmu1.gif

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Ditto.

Can't we just talk? Why all the complications? Why all the detours, side-tracks, taking away from what we are here for: DISCUSSION?

I don't like all the games, tricks, complications and things some sites use to take away from discussion. But that's just me (this is not my site, lol). I'm for eliminating all the hijinks - the cash, points, levels, bars, reps.... this is a DISCUSSION forum, let's TALK without all the interfering junk, tricks and games that sidetrack things.

Just MY one cent :)

- Josiah

While some may not prefer the bells and whistles, you do have people who come on forums for more than just discussion. When we were looking over which things to add, we do consider the usage level an addition might receive and we go from there. So far all additions have been received greatly, so we are thankful for that.

You are able to disable reputation on your account, and I can check to see if the others can be disabled, but don't quote me on it.

In regards to the forced read notice for this thread, as this was a major addition we made, it is a way of promoting the new addition by directing more attention to the thread. No harm was meant. :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Regarding force read threads...

We use that on the site I help administrate, and we have found that as long as it is used sparingly, most seem to appreciate, or at least not mind, being directed to an important thread. I thought the use of this feature to announce the CH Shop was appropriate and in line with the spirit of this feature. You get a lot of users who can miss things like that because they may not use the "New Posts" search to keep up with a site...and then they wind up in the dark about important features on a site.

I know from experience how difficult it can be to administrate a site...it is a fine balancing act many times to try to do what is best for the overall health of the site, while still not aggravating your members too much. But, at the same time, it is good for the members of a site to feel that they can express their feedback concerning new features and know that their concerns carry some weight with the administration.

It seems to me that those users who are not interested in the CH Shop and the earning of points and purchasing of features can carry on and ignore it, while those who are can utilize the system for their enjoyment. :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
agreed, new features are a great addition to this site and as you say many really appreciate them. While I havent seen anything in the shop that I would avail myself of at present I am looking forward to more things being added

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
While some may not prefer the bells and whistles, you do have people who come on forums for more than just discussion. When we were looking over which things to add, we do consider the usage level an addition might receive and we go from there. So far all additions have been received greatly, so we are thankful for that.

You are able to disable reputation on your account, and I can check to see if the others can be disabled, but don't quote me on it.

In regards to the forced read notice for this thread, as this was a major addition we made, it is a way of promoting the new addition by directing more attention to the thread. No harm was meant. :)

No harm taken. I just gave MY view... I'D like to see staff promoting meaningful discussion rather than the sidetracting games, "bells and whistles" but that's ME.

IMO, there are a PLETHORA of sites (way too many, in my view) for Christians to play games, etc. - and those sites do this well, with LOTS of people participating. But there are few - precious, precious few - sites where any meaningful discussion takes place.

Just MY one cent.

- Josiah

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i kind of like the idea of rep feature. sort of a motivational tool. the more rep you have, the more you are wanting to be active. those who have negative reps tend to just dissapear. i remember on one forum, i had 257 good reps while someone else had 1345 negative reps

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do we have a Reputation thread to give the person above you reps?

Top Bottom