Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Helsinki, Finland (CNN)"US President Donald Trump, in a stunning rebuke of the US intelligence community, declined on Monday to endorse the US government's assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, saying he doesn't "see any reason why" Russia would be responsible.

Instead, Trump -- standing alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin -- touted Putin's vigorous denial and pivoted to complaining about the Democratic National Committee's server and missing emails from Hillary Clinton's personal account.
"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," Trump said during a joint news conference after he spent about two hours in a room alone with Putin, save for a pair of interpreters"

rest of article here
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/donald-trump-putin-helsinki-summit/index.html

Of course, Putin also denied poisoning his competitors for office, but we also know that isn't true either

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Helsinki, Finland (CNN)"US President Donald Trump, in a stunning rebuke of the US intelligence community, declined on Monday to endorse the US government's assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, saying he doesn't "see any reason why" Russia would be responsible.

Instead, Trump -- standing alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin -- touted Putin's vigorous denial and pivoted to complaining about the Democratic National Committee's server and missing emails from Hillary Clinton's personal account.
"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," Trump said during a joint news conference after he spent about two hours in a room alone with Putin, save for a pair of interpreters"

rest of article here
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/donald-trump-putin-helsinki-summit/index.html

Of course, Putin also denied poisoning his competitors for office, but we also know that isn't true either

Trump is politically stupid, dangerously stupid. He might even be treasonously stupid.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trump is politically stupid, dangerously stupid. He might even be treasonously stupid.

I just wonder sometimes if the Russians have something on him that he is so obviously acting ignorant

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just wonder sometimes if the Russians have something on him that he is so obviously acting ignorant

That really doesn't make sense. If they did have something, it would not require Trump to speak agreeably about Putin or say any of the other things that have the professional haters lathered up...but merely not to cause trouble for, push punitive policies, etc. on Putin.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That really doesn't make sense. If they did have something, it would not require Trump to speak agreeably about Putin or say any of the other things that have the professional haters lathered up...but merely not to cause trouble for, push punitive policies, etc. on Putin.

When a country has a lemon for head of state the only thing to do is pray for a lemon press, sugar, and water to make lemonade.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you have nothing to say, just move on to the next thread.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I'm just trying to figure out what the reason for the denial is. Does he think if admitting that they tried to interfere in the election somehow means that he is agreeing that he isn't legitimate? Or is he so worried about "collusion" that he doesn't want to admit to what most of the intelligence community is obvious?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm just trying to figure out what the reason for the denial is. Does he think if admitting that they tried to interfere in the election somehow means that he is agreeing that he isn't legitimate? Or is he so worried about "collusion" that he doesn't want to admit to what most of the intelligence community is obvious?

I think he is so fed up with our own intelligence services working had in glove with the Democratic Party, first to try to get Hillary elected, then to cover up her crimes, and THEN to try to frame him, that he was not going to give them any credit, in public, even if they were right about Russian involvement.

And, in addition, it was the Democrats who delivered all their information to the Russians. Obviously what CNN thinks ought to be done to Trump really ought to be done to the DOJ, FBI, and Democrat Party. But since that is not happening, he is not going to give them an inch on being right about anything else.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
When a country has a lemon for head of state the only thing to do is pray for a lemon press, sugar, and water to make lemonade.

And perhaps some ice to cool the hate-filled rhetoric...
Demonizing the President of the United States incites homicide of the demonized...
It is a calculated exercize in homicide by hatred...
No Christian can sign on to it...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I'm just trying to figure out what the reason for the denial is.

The gripe about the "Intelligence Community" is that Putin is old school, and does murders of those who betray Russia, and basically see Russia as the old USSR with different colored hats... The question was a planted question designed to make leftist propaganda... Meddling in politics is a specialty of the USA and of the old USSR, yet the Russian efforts seem focused not on swaying elections but on getting leverage with whoever is elected... The "Intelligence Community" at certain levels is NOT Trump's friends, and we have seen the weaponizing of the IRS, the FBI. and apparently now the CIA [Brennan] as well under Obama...

So I would not buy into the implicit presuppositions of that hack-job question either...

I do not think Putin tried to sway the election - He was simply weakening whoever might win so as to gain leverage in later dealings... And Hillary was the presumptive winner, remember? Nobody thought Trump would win, and in that presumption, all the Hillary side were pressuring Trump to ACCEPT the OUTCOME of HOWEVER the vote might turn out, remember? All this ONLY on the presumption of Hillary's win... And it ALL went out the window with her defeat, and the shift went into the hate and destroy trump campaign, the insurance policy, plan B of the criminalized deep state of Obama...

Interesting times...

America is waking up...

Arsenios

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How about we all just drop the pretense here and acknowledge that none of us knows what really happened at Helsinki and we--or some of us--are shooting our mouths off because we believe whatever CNN or some other media outlet tells us to believe?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

From time to time here on "CHRISTIANITY Haven" we should consider behaving like Christians ought.

That...or consider changing the name of the forum.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
From time to time here on "CHRISTIANITY Haven" we should consider behaving like Christians ought.

That...or consider changing the name of the forum.

A more accurate and more truthful suggestion is to alter the thread's title from Trump sides with Putin to USA President states that the USA Justice department and USA intelligence agencies are less reliable than the word of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Or maybe try to stick to the thread's topic and discuss the issue rather than negatively reflect on this forum and negatively reflect on this forum's members.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A more accurate and more truthful suggestion is to alter the thread's title from...

and I had so hoped that my comment would be taken seriously rather than being followed-up with even more static. :esad:

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
A more accurate and more truthful suggestion is to alter the thread's title from Trump sides with Putin to USA President states that the USA Justice department and USA intelligence agencies are less reliable than the word of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Or maybe try to stick to the thread's topic and discuss the issue rather than negatively reflect on this forum and negatively reflect on this forum's members.

Hillary wanted war with Russia...

Trump wants peace...

Hillary's approach failed when she did try it...

Trump is outside the box...

Giving peace a chance is a good thing, yes?

Hateful war-mongering against Putin and Trump is shameful and un-Christ-like...

Arsenios

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think he is so fed up with our own intelligence services working had in glove with the Democratic Party, first to try to get Hillary elected, then to cover up her crimes, and THEN to try to frame him, that he was not going to give them any credit, in public, even if they were right about Russian involvement.

And, in addition, it was the Democrats who delivered all their information to the Russians. Obviously what CNN thinks ought to be done to Trump really ought to be done to the DOJ, FBI, and Democrat Party. But since that is not happening, he is not going to give them an inch on being right about anything else.

perhaps your right. He does seem to have a 3rd graders temper

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
perhaps your right. He does seem to have a 3rd graders temper

I have a hunch that if the same thing had happened to you, you would not be passing it off so cavalierly yourself. We are talking about government employees of a high level attempting actually to steal an election for the presidency. That's not small potatoes, as they say.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
He does seem to have a 3rd graders temper

He does speak to the left's adult 3rd graders in a way they can underestand...

Do you pray for Trump?

I prayed for Obama daily...

We need prayer...

We don't need snide hatefulness...

Arsenios

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Can someone explain to me this conspiracy on Russia and the election?
What was the motive and evidence?
Why would Trump want to acknowledge that they did rig the election? Wouldnt that make him illegitimate as president? I can see why he disagrees with that theory.

Sorry I was pre occupied with working 12 hours a day 6 days a week so I didn't keep up with all that.

Top Bottom